Chapter 2. The Struggle Begins

To put it kindly, I was frozen with shock. Maddie was an innocent person with a great future. Cole wacks me in the back of the head to snap me from my thinking. Two of the skinny bastards are barreling torwards us. I pull out my ax and attempt to cleave one in half. It decided to pile drive me with one half of a body. Cole reaches down and ranks the thing off of me, not till after it slashes my back. Drew kicks the other in the balls then lays its head open with a machete but it knocks his ass into the dirt. Me cole and drew sprint up front to where there are tons of cars. We find Donnies truck unlocked. We three pile in when my friend cobe smacks on the window. "Hop in cobe, where heading to Cabelas. Would you like to join us? " I ask in a casual mood, wincing in pain. He roles his eyes and hops in. It took us and hour to get to Cabelas. It involed alot of running over zombie things and ramming other cars out of the way, (and cussing in pain from my back slashes). When we get to Cabelas its deserted. We bust in and I pull the trucks trunk to the doors. We all scramble to gather as much food and water as we can carry. I decided to go pick out guns. 44 magnum is mine along with an assault rifle look a like. The other peeps get shot guns and pistols. We grab tons of ammo. To top it off I grab all the machetes and axes from the shelves for other survivors. We drive away with full stomachs and Lots of new toys. Unfortunately Donnies truck died somewhere so we set up camp for the night after killing the weird skinny freaks. My back is bleeding again, I must have reopend the scabs shooting the monsters. Cole, Cobe and drew get  all get a fairly good nights sleep.
I am moaning in pain until morning.