Chapter 11: Darlin' you look Perfect, tonight

The first day back at school was surprisingly normal.

Felicia, Cindy, and Peter had gotten there early to help set up for an assembly in the auditorium, and were walking to class.

The senior girl was now trying to persuade her girlfriend to head over to the nearest broom closet and risk being late for the first period.

Judging by the not received status of Peter's texts, Harry was probably in a broom closet already, making out with Liz.

"By the way, I checked Tweeter this morning, and I didn't really see many people talking about what happened at all," said Cindy, patting Peter's shoulder consolingly.

"Wait seriously?"

Felicia snorted, momentarily pausing her cajoling of Cindy to dispense whatever gossip she'd gleaned over the break. "People are mostly talking about those two guys that made out on top of the ferris wheel in Bayville, or about that red headed Natasha chick getting into a fight with Amora something-or-other at Club A."

The hallway was partially blocked by a group of people crowded around a set of lockers. Peter and Cindy made to step around, but Felicia, being the nosy one, grabbed their wrists and pulled them through the crowd.

"What are you doing?"

"I want to know why everyone's whispering."

"Ever hear the saying curiosity killed the cat?" asked Peter.

"Good thing I've got eight more lives, then."

Cindy muttered something unsavoury under her breath, but Felicia just ignored their protests until they reached the front.

Peter froze.

The picture of Mary Jane laughing with Flash in front of his room was taped up to the former's locker, in full colour for all to see.

Peter quickly grabbed the photo and tore it down, making eye contact with Flash, who'd just pushed his way to the front. Flash's look of confusion had morphed into horror when he'd seen what the picture seemed to imply, and he stepped in front of the locker to shield it from everyone else's view.

"Look, absolutely nothing happened between me and Mary Jane that night, alright? We're just friends. Nothing more. And if I hear anyone talking shit about MJ, I'll kick their asses, got it?" asked the blond angrily.

His eyes landed on Peter during the first sentence, a silent word of understanding had passing between them.

After the crowd had dispersed, and Felicia had successfully persuaded Cindy into finding the janitor's closet, Flash turned to Peter.

"Look, Parker. We're not friends. But...I'd never to something like that to Mary Jane. To anyone," said Flash sincerely, holding out his hand. "Truce?"

Peter thought for a moment, then shook his hand. "Deal."

Flash grinned for a moment, before the smile morphed into a glare. "If you hurt her, I'll hurt you," he said under his breath.

Peter winced under the blond's grip. "Yep. Gotcha."

Flash let go and gave him a hearty clap on the back. "And do something about that haircut. For all our sakes," he snickered as parting advice.