Chapter - 12

Sonakshi's day was over soon today

Sonakshi's day was over soon today. Her meetings and proposals were postponed to some other day due to some issues.
She sighed.
"Finally. I can get some family time!"
She started taking up her things and quickly
gave a glance towards the clock.
It was still, 4pm in the evening. Sonakshi smiled and shrugged her shoulders happily.

As soon as she packed everything up, she took out her phone and dialled Dev's number.
No answer. Again she tried, but still the same.
Sonakshi rolled her eyes.
"Must be in a meeting or something.." She mumbled.
She typed a quick message to him, that there was no need for him to pick her. Her work was finished soon so, she will grab a Uber and drive back to the home.

She smiled and put the phone back in the bag and came out of her cabin.

"Leaving early?" Jatin asked as she walked by his cabin. Sonakshi nodded, smiling.
She gave a quick hug to him and came out of the office.
"Sambhal ke jana..!!"
Sonakshi nodded.

"No ubers available now?" She said to herself as she checked the app after coming out of the office. She sighed. The battery was also going to drain out soon.
"I don't think, Jatin would be able to come now and Dev, I don't wanna disturb him again and again..!!"
Sonakshi walked a few steps and looked around.
"Auto! I should take an autorickshaw...!!"
She smiled to herself, tucked her phone inside her bag and went on to take a rickshaw.

"Bhaiya! Chaloge?"
"Kaha?"
"Hauz Khas"
The driver nodded and Sonakshi climbed up to it.
"Madam..there will be a little traffic today as you know that it is the peak time for the people to get out of their house!" The driver informed Sonakshi.
Sonakshi shrugged off her shoulders.
"What can we do other than waiting in the traffic then?" She mumbled to herself.

And as the driver plus Sonakshi were fearing, that only came on their path.
There was a long traffic jam on the signal and literally noone didn't knew where did it ended. Sonakshi sighed.

Dev, on the other hand who came out of the conference room, checked up his phone.
"2 missed calls from Sonakshi?" He questioned himself.
He quickly went up to his cabin and sat on the chair. He tried to ring her phone.

Sonakshi received his phone call. She quickly picked it up.
"Dev..?"
"Sonakshi? What happened?"
"Nothing much. My work got completed soon so I decided to go back home!"
"So eventually, I have to come to take you!" Saying this, he stood up.
"No-no! Dev.. it's okay! I am boarded on an autorickshaw and am currently stuck on a long traffic jam!"
"What?"
"Yeah and don't worry, I am fine!!"
"But I am coming! Where are-"
The phone hanged up, leaving Dev's statement. The phone was dead.

"Shit!" Sonakshi whispered.

"Sonaksh-? It got disconnected!" Dev exclaimed. He tried to call her again.
Switched off.
"Come on...!!" Dev literally shouted.

Sonakshi looked up from her dead phone.
Still, the vehicle didn't move an inch. She got frustrated. She opened her bag and took out a fifty-rupees note.
"I will walk home..thank you so much!" She said handing over the note to the driver who nodded taking it. She got out of the rickshaw, and started walking on the footpath with the long traffic by her side.

Dev, who was still trying to connect with Sonakshi but was in vain, took his coat and descended out of his cabin.
"Sir?" His assistant called as he saw him going out of the office.
"Just handle the meetings!" He ordered and went out off the office.

***

Sonakshi was walking on the footpath. The surroundings of that place flashed many happy memories in her mind.
This was the same place, where Parth and her used to roam around after sneaking out of their respective offices. She smiled sadly and rubbed the tears forming in her eyes.

"We can't meet again, right?" She asked to herself, rather sadly.
She looked up at the sky. The clouds were simply hovering around the sky adding to their calmness.

She started walking absent-mindedly along the road, thinking constantly about Parth.
She was literally roaming, not knowing where she was going and what she was doing.
"Could we be together?" She asked herself again.
"No..I think he was right to some extent or what...."
Tears started forming in her eyes, once again.
"How I miss you..!!" She whispered, closing her eyes tightly.

Following this, she suddenly started crossing a zebra-crossing on the road.
As she went to the middle of the road, a loud honk was heard letting him out of the trance, and she saw a car coming towards her at a full speed. She couldn't even react. It hit her with a great force and she was dragged onto the road with blood spreading all over the concrete road. She lay there with her eyes closed, while the people in the surroundings gathered around her.
A man quickly grabbed his phone and made a call to the nearby hospital for an ambulance before it was too late.

"D-e-v..." A whisper came out from her lips.

Everything became numb since then. Nor she could hear anyone's voice nor she was able to see anything. Everything became blank.

~ ♡♡♡ ~

Cliffhanger!!!

I know some of you will not like the plot but trust me, I have a story to narrate further :)

So did you like the chapter?

What do you think will happen next?
Will be updating as soon as possible!

Do tell me your views on this and don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Thank you!!