One

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, flight 623 has landed. Please gather your things and make your way off of the plane. Have a wonderful day!"

Louise nudged her younger brother, Mike, to wake him up. To his luck, he awoke. She quickly removed both her and her bother's luggage from the top compartment and handed the grey suitcase to him. Hastily, they both exited the plane and down the steps, careful not to trip form the pushing crowd.

"Californian air is a lot different from Indiana air. Well, c'mon let's go find El so you can stop whining about not seeing her."

"Oi!"

Mike chased Louise down the corridor. Her laughter travelled down the hall, many eyes followed it. Just down the corridor, a small group of familiar faces rose from their seats at the sights of their friends.

"Mike!"

Louise jumped slightly, the excited yell had startled her. Mike on the other hand, his face lit up at the angelic voice of his girlfriend, waving back at her briefly. The brunette girl, Eleven, rushed to greet Mike, embracing him with a kiss before engulfing him with a hug.

"Oh, careful, careful, careful. You're squishing your present.

It's a gift.

I, uh- I handpicked those for you in Hawkins. I know you like yellow.. but now I'm realising it's to much yellow. I know you also like purple, so I got purple as well. So I did a kinda 70/30 split thing."

"They're perfect, thank you."

El had a slightly disappointed look on her face, but kept on smiling sweetly nonetheless; however, Louise seemed to notice. Eleven stepped aside to allow Will to become visible.

"Oh! Hey, how you doing?.."

Quietly, Louise gently pulled Eleven aside.

"How's my favourite girl doing?"

"Eh."

"What's wrong, El?"

"It's just... It's Mike. Every letter, even thee flowers, it's 'from Mike'. He never says 'love Mike', he even stopped putting it his letters. It's silly, I know."

"No! It's not silly at all. You're entirely valid for feeling this way. I'm sure he loves you, you're all he ever talks about. He drives me insane with it."

Eleven smiled, faintly, before nodding and turning back towards Mike. Louise's eyes began to trail around the airport before and unfamiliar voice caught her attention.

"That's a rad shirt, man. Ocean Pacific?"

"Oh, hey Mike. This is my friend Argyle."

Jonathon Byers, Will's brother gave everyone the pleasure of introducing the mystery man. The newbie pulled Mike into an embrace and muttered something about his shirt, his eyes panned over to you.

"I've heard a lot about your sister."

"Oh, me? No, no, no. Wrong sister. You're thinking about our older sister, Nancy. I'm Louise."

Jonathon's face went quite brilliantly red, he scratched his neck slightly before openeing his mouth to speak.

"Well.. Uh- should we get going?"

"Yeah, this is kinda awkward, man."

Mike cut in:

"Yeah, so awkward."

Argyle leaned into Louise's ear, his hair went down past her waist.

"I really thought it was Ocean Pacific."

The youngest three, Mike, El and Will, went quite far ahead, talking about the day they had planned. Louise hung back, only a little behind Jonathon and Argyle. Jonathon turned his head and ushered Louise up towards him and his friend.

"So, how's Indiana since we left?"

"Not much has happened. Lucas is playing varsity basketball though, heard through Mike."

"Lucas with the popular boys, hmm?"

"I know, I could hardly believe it myself."

"How's Nancy?"

"Uh.. she's good. Stressing a little about college, said me and Mike will probably get into another fight with the demogorgan. She's some important role in the paper, too. Who knows what, I don't understand any of that crap."

"Hmm. Cool. Will was upset he had to miss your graduation."

"Awe, Will's just so sweet."

"Yeah, real sweet, man. He doesn't ever sell us out to Joyce."

Argyle had interrupted.

"Sorry, man, but sitting in silence for too long bugs me, man."

"You're not sitting."

"Louise, you have no need to get sassy with me, man. Don't bite me, man."

"I won't, man."

"Ay! I said no need to get sassy, man!"

Louise sarcastically smirked before speeding up to avoid the annoyance of the stranger.

Maybe this holiday wouldn't be as peaceful as she anticipated.