Please read, it's important!

Before reading this book!!

This is a BoyxBoy fanfic, which means the Michael's character isn't straight. I want to make it clear that this isn't a true representation of Michael Jackson. More than once he said in interviews that he was neither homosexual nor bisexual. I'm not imposing any sexuality on Michael Jackson in real life, and I want to make it clear that I respect him, and that in writing this story I don't intend to offend or slander who he was in any way.

This is a work of fiction and as such I took some creative freedom, in the same way that countless authors here have written Michael in the most diverse ways (either hypersexualizing him; making him an aggressive or super sensitive guy; infantilizing him; among many other things).

The fact that I chose to write him as a non-straight man was a choice made entirely for fictional purposes. This will be the only characteristic I will change about him, his whole personality will remain the same as we know it through interviews, videos and reports from his friends and family.

I also want to make it clear that I will be talking about some heavy topics like racism, homophobia and xenophobia. The story is mostly set in the early 70s, so yeah a lot of this shit was happening explicitly, so expect some unpleasant situations. But I don't intend to write anything like extreme graphic violence.

Just to give some historical context, at that time it was still a crime to be homosexual in the US. In addition, at about the same time Indians suffered extreme prejudice, to the point where there are anti-Indian hategroup gangs, like the "Dotbusters" in New Jersey, who threatened and viciously beat Indians. In addition to the racism that continues to this day.

If you're uncomfortable with this I suggest you don't read it. Also, I will not tolerate homophobic, racist or anti-Indian comments.

To better understand the story read this !

This story is centered around Michael's real-life experiences, I will do my best to make it as accurate as possible. So expect mentions of tours and shows that actually happened. But other than that I'm going to take some creative liberties in writing the rest of the story.

The purpose of this story is to show the development of friendship and eventually romance between two boys who are marginalized due to their ethnicities. Michael Jackson is a black American, and Ravi Arya is a son of an Indian immigrant couple (people who suffered a lot of prejudice in the USA, and who suffer to this day). I intend to talk about the homophobia, racism and xenophobia of that time in general, as well as the difficulties that Ravi and his family go through as immigrants in a xenophobic country.

To write this story I will disregard the socioeconomic conditions of some regions. West Hollywood is one of those regions. I honestly don't know what the living conditions of this place were like in the 70's, but for fictional purposes West Hollywood is a city that has both regions where rich and middle class people live, and regions where poor people live.

Another important thing is that there were regions in the US where there was a concentration of Indian immigrants, but I don't know what the living conditions were like there. It's a very long story, and again it's not important to this fiction as a whole. Therefore, in this story I will consider these immigrant regions to be poor, with the people there constantly being the target of prejudice. My intention isn't to offend anyone, and if anyone feels offended, please let me know so I can understand and correct where I went wrong.