~Doc~

________________________________

Monday the 25th of November, 2019
8:30 PM

After twenty minutes of sitting in the car in the carpark, trying to talk myself in and then two minutes later I would try talk myself out of going in. But eventually my curiosity got the better or me, and like I've mentioned countless times, I'm stubborn. And I agreed to do a couple sessions with her so I might as well just accept it now and get on with it.

"You came" Sharon smiled as she opened her office door

"Yeah well I didn't want you showing up at my house again, no offence or anything Doc"

"None taken, that was one of my reasoning behind showing up at your house" she smiled "take a seat Kadie"

I took a seat in one of the cushy chairs that was on beside her desk, faced sideways facing another chair a foot or so away. Sharon sat down opposite me

"How are you Kadie?" She asked, taking her notebook off her desk and resting it on her lap, a pen hanging loosely in her hand.

"I'm fantastic, a bit traumatised from earlier on. It's not everyday that the therapist you walked out on and have dogging calls from shows up at your front door"

"No it's not" she smiled "I just have a few questions for you Kadie. And they will determine the other questions I have. Do you think you could answer them for me truthfully?"

"Yes"

"You know last time if I asked you that you would have said a straight up no"

"Yeah well everyone's telling me I have to do a few sessions with you, so it'll be easier to just tell you straight up rather than just tiptoe around it" I shrugged

"A wise answer" she smiled "my first question is. Have you ever spoken to a professional about everything you've been through?"

"No, what for?" I asked, bringing my foot to rest on my other knee. Sharon took a breath before continuing, looking down at her notebook and scanning the stuff already written there.

"Your best friends suicide when you were 14" she said slowly, watching my face for a reaction "you becoming homeless at 15, and your physical and sexual abuse while living on the street, your fathers death when you were 15 but finding out two years later. Your mother figures death. Your two overdoses, your severe depression throughout your early 20s, your referral to a mental hospital, your near death experience in London"

"That was an accident" I said sharply

"It's would be ok if you told me it wasn't" she said slowly, watching my face "kadie you've endured lifetimes of trauma. I can't imagine going through a single one, much less as a teenager...... I never found out how you got out of that referral to the hospital?" She asked