Power (that I have)

Osial thudded through the dark, barely lit hall. There were torches lit, the flames doing what pitiful job they could of lighting a way. Osial's staff clanked along with his right foot. That's when his companion, a parrot, had flown right to a cage nearby. It squawked, mumbling some repeated words. Osial's temporary assistant trembled, it was as if his feet were glued, nowhere to run. He glanced at the bird, then at his master. Osial. He'd brought back two more thieves. The man seemed to take a quick look at them, before clearly making his decision. He nearly had a heart attack when Osial spoke. " You bring me the rough.. But never the diamond. Take them out of sight. " He sounded bitter, cruel. The two men were harshly escorted out of the room, as the temporary assistant cowared in his mind. The parrot could be heard faintly in the background repeating what Osial stated. Only sending further shivers down his spine. " Wait, Master. Perhaps this.. Diamond in the rough, does not exist. " He was.. Doubting it, really. He gawked at the bravery that had just washed over himself. He flinched a slight when Osial spoke again. " He is out there.. " The temporary assistant wouldn't put it past Osial to be going crazy.. He was kind of a lunatic after all. Nor would he put it past him to be believing fairy tales. " I just don't see what could be in that cave that could help somebody.. As great as you. You're already second best to the sultan. " He almost immediately took back his words. He had corrected himself the first time, but there might not be any going back this time around. The parrot had started repeating his 'second best' line, and he mentally cursed it. As he looked between the animal and Osial. Osial turned, an angry expression very evident. " And you think second is enough? " Osial was clearly done, and he was pushing it farther. It was like his mouth was running on its own. It was now, he cursed his loyalty for the sultan. " Of course. You just weren't born to be Sultan. " He shook. Osial had already planned his fate, and it showed. " Do you know what I had to do to obtain the power that I have? " Osial stared the assistant down. He was speechless. As Osial walked closer, he started listing off the sacrifices he made, and the time he had to wait. " People need to understand that they will pay for underestimating me, second is not enough, and it will never be enough. That's why I need the lamp, and why I don't need you! " Osial exclaimed, shoving the assistant with his staff down the hole. There was some kind of well conveniently placed behind the assistant, and now he was gone.