~ⓅⓇⓄⓁⓄⒼⓊⒺ~

I felt the opera of the sea wash over me, and the wave music was delightful

I felt the opera of the sea wash over me, and the wave music was delightful. I was relieved to escape from the hustle and bustle and concerns of daily life because it was peaceful.

Since the evening of the incident when everything changed, I have not felt this calm. Since then, my nightmares have followed me around like an evil soul clinging to life in the present.

Nothing I done to provide my siblings the life I want them to enjoy has ever made me feel bad. They shouldn't experience the suffering I did that evening, so I took the only course of action I could think of to ensure that.

I ran

It wasn't what occurred to me that hurt; rather, it was the expression on their faces when I left. I never once turned around.

I've always dreamed of recovering someday and returning to the place I call home-

"Ximena the phone is ringing," King hollers from inside. Sighing Ximena gets up and walks towards the patio door. King runs past Ximena and makes his way towards the ocean.

"Be careful and where is CC, I don't want u out there by yourself, " Ximena hollers to her brother. King turn's around to face his sister.

King responds in a duh-like manner, "Is all that daydreaming getting to you, she's in the water." King swims to his sister who was sitting on her board and squinting in the sun before turning back to the ocean. She was smooth, tawn, and had a sandy complexion.

Ximena rolls her eyes while going to pick up the phone that had kept on ringing. With an annoyed Sigh she picks up the phone.

"Hello," Ximena say in the phone. What she hears next makes her freeze.

A little, sweet voice on the other end of the line says, "Hey Nita." With the phone in her ear, Ximena scans the area quickly for anything out of the ordinary.

In a quiet voice, Ximena inquires, "How did you acquire this number. She didn't mean to sound nasty; " she was simply seeking information.

Laurel responds, sounding a little strained and worn out, "I need you to come back."

As her thick accent becomes more audible than ever, Ximena adds, "I can't. I've made a life here where it's tranquil all the time. I also have a job that pays well, and I'm not just going to abandon it because you want me to. Sorry Laur, but I can't assist you, good day."

As Ximena prepares to end the call
Lauren begs in a hurried but desperate tone, "Wait j-just come back for them , for the summer I know they miss you, look they put on a brave face so the kids don't worry , but ever since that day everything changed and their really worry about you, j-just come for the summer then you can be back to the life you created."

Ximena sighs, her dark brown eyes on the verge of tears. She begins to exhale deeply and says, "I-I-I don't believe I can face them after af-after-"

Laruel sighs, "Breathe it's fine they don't blame you because they don't know what happened; none of us do, but we know it wounded you to the point that you had to run away, look you don't have to come if you don't want to, just know that they need you, we all need you."

Inhaled by Ximena "I suppose it won't hurt, but only for the summer, nothing longer, just so King can meet new people."

"Okay, how soon do you think you can arrive since I know they'll love it oh I have to get ready to go  in a little bit ," Laurel asks in a hurry.

"I'll start packing immediately because the flight is only two hours long," Ximena says.

"Alright, that's good enough for me. I have to get going, but know that we love you and want to make sure you're safe." Laurel hangs up.

Walking to the rear door, Ximena sighs. She casts a peek out toward the water, looking for her siblings.

"Okay guys, let's get packing, our flight takes off in an hour," Ximena yells to them. She blows out a raspberry and enters again, slowly sliding down the wall near the door, resting her arms on her knees and her head in her hands.