Prologue - Framed

You didn't know what happened. You really didn't. 

So then why... 

Why the hell were you BEING KIDNAPPED BY A ROBOT THAT WAS CURRENTLY FLYING GOD-KNOWS-WHERE WITH YOU IN HAND? 

Okay, let me explain. 

~~Earlier~~

Walking down the street, you see the liquor store up ahead. You reach in your pocket and pull out the list that was given to you by your mother. The writing was just barely legible but you had experience with reading her chicken scratch. 

- Bacardi 151° 

- Everclear Grain

- Smirnoff vodka 

- Jack Daniels 

- Mariënburg rum

Huh. This is actually a lot less than normal. There's normally like twelve names on her lists, is she finally trying to cut back? No, probably not. Quality over quantity, I suppose. Some of these are pretty strong and you'd never even heard of the last one. Must be some strong foreign stuff. 

The fact that she may know more about types of alcohol than how to take care of you bothers you the tiniest bit. 

But then again, you're 23 now and didn't really need anyone to take care of you. It's more of you taking care of her if anything. Mostly just to make sure she doesn't drink herself into an early grave. 

Looked up from the list and push the door open, the doorbell ringing with a ting-a-ling. 

"Eddie?" You called. You visited this store often, so you got to know the workers. It was a Sunday so it should be Eddie's shift. 

"I'm in the back," his voice rang from the back storage room. "Gimme a minute." 

You stood in front of the cashier counter, waiting patiently for the worker. He really works too hard so it's best to be patient with him. 

The back door pushed open and there he was, struggling to carry a heavy-looking case of Coors light bottles. You see the crate begin to slip from his fingers. You're pretty sure he felt it as well. "Help." He said in a pained whisper. 

You quickly slide past the counter and to his aid. You lift the heavy front end of the crate, earning a relieved sigh from Eddie. 

"Whoo, thanks." He thanked, grateful the weight was all on him. 

"No... problem." You said struggling to hold the front end. You knew you weren't the strongest boxer in the ring but god, what were these bottles made of? Steel? 

"To the counter." He said shuffling to the counter, you followed suit. 

After taking a minute of painfully slow walking, you and Eddie push the crate on the front counter with a relieved gasp. 

"You..." You gasped dramatically, "Need... A raise." 

"Don't I know it." He laughed wearily. Because it was Sunday, the store get a new shipment of beers. So it was his job of putting them away and sorting them in the back if the store was already stocked. 

"Alright, whatcha need?" He asked. 

You pull the list out of your pocket and hand it to him. He skimmed the list and look at you with slight disbelief. 

"You sure you want these? Some of these are pretty strong." He warned. 

"They're not for me." You explained. He looked at you for an extra second then nodded.