Chapter 2: Through These Halls

A/N: sorry it's a short chapter I have a 8 hour shift to get ready for lol

ECLAIR POV:
As we walked through the Hall of History, y/n continued to discuss everything he enjoyed about the museum so far. He seemed to take a great interest in the history of the HollyBerry Kingdom. From the family portrait to the boats used to celebrate the defeat of the greenish red dragon, he knew so incredibly much about the relics, you would believe he's been here countless times.

We continued around the Hall of History and I noticed something absolutely horrible. A spot! On one of my precious relics! I grabbed the relic and took it to my office to clean right away. I made sure there were no more spots on it and I thought to myself, "I wonder how y/n is doing...OH MY GOODNESS I LEFT HIM!!!"

I rushed back out with the relic and put it back on display before looking for y/n, just to notice in the same spot patiently waiting.

"Oh I am so sorry about..."

He cut me off before I could say another word, "There's no need for you to apologize! You had to clean a relic that's all! I understand completely. Also it gave me the chance to look around in this gallery, so it's no worry at all!"

"Are...are you sure?" I asked concerned

"I'm positive." He gave me a soft, reassuring smile, and it made me feel at ease.

We explored the other halls and I gave him the chance to explore the relics in each gallery, while I made sure they were all in order. He gave each and every relic their individual time to be observed and appreciated, and seemed to enjoy all of them greatly. Most of the time was spent in silence, apart from a small history remark from time to time, but it wasn't an awkward silence but, rather, a very comfortable silence.

Once we went through each gallery, I took a quick glimpse to see how we were doing on time and noticed it was 20 minutes to closing. I think y/n picked up on my expression and asked, "How long do you have until closing?"

"We're supposed to close in 20 minutes but I completely lost track of time. I should've been paying more attention." I replied slightly annoyed at my ignorance at the time.

"Do you need help closing?" Y/n asked.

"I appreciate the offer but I can't ask that of you!" I commented, surprised by his kindness.

"Oh it's not a problem for me at all. I enjoyed being here today and the least I could do to thank you is help you close." He replied. I gave a soft smile in reply and we started to close the store.

I gave him some of the easier things to do such as making sure each relic is on their stand and wiping down their display signs. With both of us working, we were able to close right on time and I let out a soft sigh of relief as the last customer walked out the door.

Although I already knew the answer, I looked to see if there were any relic submissions, and to my surprise there was a small pin that a cookie believed to be from the battle of the greenish red dragon. I showed the discovery to y/n, since I knew that was a topic of interest for him, and to no surprise at all, he seemed ecstatic about the discovery. I told him that I would look more into tomorrow and invited him to join me on my research, and he seemed honored to be invited to such a research.

It came time for him to leave and we bid farewell. I wished him safe travels and he wished the same for me, although I didn't have to travel at all, since I live in the museum. I got ready for bed and had the time to process the day. I just met y/n and I already have a date tomorrow.