☆ Information☆

Welcome

We are back!
It's time for another year of awards in Dreamland.

With so much activity and fun going on, we decided it was time to hand out some awards again. Of course, we couldn't just hand them out. Where's the fun in that? In true Dreamland fashion, we're looking for our members to support each other and nominate their favorite Dreamland books.

Some Basic Information

We are not putting a cap on the initial entries. That's right, free reign. We'll go over how to enter and what the restraints are when the entry forms are posted. For now, here are a few simple rules. They'll be repeated in the entry chapter as well.

1. These awards are all about the members of Dreamland. Both the person nominating a book and the author of the book being nominated, must be a member of Dreamland. Being a member means either being in one of the bookclubs or being a part of the Discord server. We will be checking. If you're not a member, don't despair, you're welcome to join.

2. The nominated work must be in English.

3. The story must have 5 or more chapters.

4. You may enter more than one work per category, but you cannot enter the same work in multiple categories.

For example, Jane and Bob can both enter Marnie's book Butter Head into category A, but Jane cannot enter Marnie's book Butter Head into both category A and B. However, Jane may enter two of Marnie's books into the same category as well as a book from another author.

5. If a book has already been entered into a category, it can be entered again by another person. Yes, this will matter, having multiple entries of the same book will make a difference in the early rounds. So don't be shy, nominate away.

6. The categories are not separated by each genre, rather they are separated into small groups containing potential genres. These will be posted on the entry chapter so keep an eye out for that.

7. It is possible for one work to win multiple categories, though we will take into account which category it fits best in.

Rules and More

The rules specific to entering and nominating works will be repeated in the entry chapter, but it's best to read them all now.

1. Add this book to your library, not a reading list. This is just so that you receive notifications for when updates are posted. You're free to remove the book when everything is done.

2. There is no need to follow your judge (with one exception), half the time you most likely won't know who's judging anything anyway. What will be required is reading one chapter of a judge's book and leaving at least three comments per book you enter. We'll be checking to see that has been done before officially accepting the nomination. Trust me, it's a small price to pay for the amount of work I'm about to drop on them. Love you guys.

3. You may enter your own book. Be proud of your hard work.

4. Don't worry about being a judge in a category you've been nominated for, I'll figure it out.

Prizes

Genre Category Winners: Winner sticker, placed on the winners reading list, access to score averages for both judging rounds!

Genre Category Runner Ups: Sticker, access to score averages!

Genre Category Nominees: Access to score averages, nominee sticker, on nominee reading list!

Special Category Winners, which will be announced later, will each receive a first place sticker and a place on the winners' reading list!

Timeline

It is possible for the timeline to change slightly based on outside influences. If you're ever curious or concerned, check here or send a pm to this account.

Round One
June 26th-July22nd
(Submissions will end July17th)

Round Two
July 23rd-August 12th

Round Three
August 13th-August 31st

Final Round
September 1st-September 25th

If you have any questions, any at all, ask them here.