chapter 23

(one word to describe what you're about to read: rollercoaster.)

~

I was sitting in my room reading the catching fire book because I started re-reading The Hunger Games when there was a knock on the front door. I never really thought anything about it because I figured it was just like one of my friends or something, I walked down the stairs slowly and looked out the window to see 5 guys, including Jaden. I opened the door and they were all wet, I then realized it was raining out in the middle of October?

" what the fuck!?" I yelled. My mom was on a business trip for her new brand she was working with so she was gone this weekend.

" Hi, can we come in," The one boy said holding up Jaden, I looked at Jaden and his whole face was bleeding, not to mention all of the boys were drunk I could smell the alcohol.

" uh, I guess," I opened up the door more and they brought him in.

" you gonna tell me what happened?" I asked as they set Jaden on the stairs, the 4 guys stood in a straight line behind me and I walked over to Jaden on the stairs, he wasn't saying anything but I don't know if he could talk, or if he couldn't see or something.

" so basically what happened was we, all 5 of us we're at a party, and-" The curly head started.

" Okay stop for a second, who are you guys?" I asked facing them.

" Oh we are his friends," The blonde smiled, I'd never seen them before but whatever, I nodded and he continued his story.

" well, we were all drinking at the party, but Jaden a little more than usual, you know what he's like," I just scoffed, nodded, and turned back toward Jaden sitting there with his arms crossed.

" we practically got kicked out cause Jaden was being disruptive and stuff. but he refused to leave so the guy who hosted the party started beating him up for not leaving, we tried stopping it and the guy just kept punching and kicking Jaden, of course, Javon stepped in," They all took turns explaining.

" wait Javon was there?" I questioned angrily. Why wouldn't Javon tell me he was going to a party, not that I wanted to go but Jaden likes to drunk text and Javon always tells me when they go to parties.

" yeah, but the moral of the story is we are here now and we couldn't bring him home because his parents would be livid, Javon is gonna tell them he is spending the night at a friend's house, Thank you," The brunette said.

" Woah Woah Woah he can't spend the night here," I stood up.

" it's not that big of a deal," They laughed.

" You guys have fucked already anyway, have fun," They laughed and walked out of the door, I turned around and looked at Jaden getting blood all over.

" Let's go," I said wrapping his hand around my shoulder so it was easier to carry him up the stairs, I put my arm around his waist.

" ouch!" He whined.

" oh so now you can talk," I rolled my eyes. We got to my room and I set him on the beanbag just so it was easier, he winced when I set him down and squinted his eyes, he was actually in a lot of pain. I just looked at him and walked to my bathroom, I grabbed a rag and rinsed it with hot water, I grabbed hydrogen peroxide and some cotton balls, I also grabbed bandages and some wrap just in case. I walked over to him and set it down, I walked to my closet and grabbed his old sweatshirt for him to wear.

I walked back out to the beanbag and kneeled in front of it, I struggled to take off his shirt but eventually got it off, it revealed 4 huge bruises, and a small/medium cut on his ribs and left side by his kidney. His nose was bleeding, he had gashes on his under eye, eyebrow, lip, and chin. I just sighed and took the rag, I started cleaning his face carefully so it didn't hurt even more. I grabbed his chin to maneuver his face in different directions.

I finished with his face and went to his stomach, I know I'm supposed to be cleaning his cuts but his abs looked hot. Ok sorry, I rinsed out the rag with hot water again and started washing the dried blood from the gashes on his stomach. We sat in silence, for at least 15 minutes.

"it's always gonna be you," He said in a raspy voice.

"what's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

" you always save me," he smiled slightly, I put hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and started dabbing it on his cuts.

" that's my job," I tilted my head and smiled sarcastically.

" no, it's not," He sighed. I just looked up and him and put one of those huge bandages on his ribs. I then grabbed a couple of small ones and put them on his face.

" sorry I told them," He tried standing up but failed, I just looked at him and grabbed his arm again, I laid him down on the bed and he moved slowly and got comfortable.

" shit your sweatshirt!" I swore.

" it's fine, it's hot in here anyway," he smiled. I looked at him and then crawled into my bed next to him. He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into his chest.

" I really am sorry, I wouldn't have told anyone but I was kinda drunk," I was laying my head on his bare chest.

" mhm, and you're drunk right now," I sighed.

" no, I'm not, we left the party like 3 hours ago and I chugged like seven bottles of water," we were both just staring straight at the wall.

" so you're saying if I breathalyzed you right now you wouldn't blow at least 2x over the legal limit?" I asked.

" ok fine, but drunk words are sober thoughts," He was right.

" Jaden it's fine, I don't really care if you tell people because words gonna get out sooner or later," I shrugged my shoulders.

" true," He agreed.

" you have to stop drinking though, I'm really worried about you," I closed my eyes and wrapped my arm around his stomach.

" There is nothing to worry about, I'm fine," I could feel his smile.

" no you're not, an 18-year-old who drinks almost every day is not okay," I looked up at him and could barely see his face. He sighed very dramatically.

" Just tell me when you're ready, okay?" I stated.

" nothing is wrong with me," He said.

" Okay, that's fine then, if you say you're fine then you're fine," I said, quickly after that I dozed off to bed.

~

A/n: hey bitches. Wyd, anyways i hope u like this🙄💅🏻

WC: 1170