Supernatural town

It has been several years since I have met Jaruto Gonzu, another immortal like me in the sense that he was impossible to kill in the term. After our first time together from making out of the small town with him counting the two hundred dollars he was given from killing the criminal hiding as a sheriff in that town. Whilst I on the other hand remained silent in response, though that would soon be out of the way when Jaruto would continue to speak with me. As of now we were on our horses and heading forward through a desert landscape with nothing for miles to have seen.

Jaruto: So then, this should be enough to pay for our rooms where we are heading.

Julianus: What do you mean? We're literally in a barren land...

Jaruto: That's because you haven't gotten to where you wanted in a instant have you?

Julianus: What do you mean by that exactly....?

Jaruto: You'll see...

And with that Jaruto then held out his hand as a unsheathed blade immediately formed in his hand, the blade was different from what I have seen, it appeared rather long and thin when it was unsheathed though I could sense it wasn't an ordinary weapon. As Jaruto would unsheathed the blade he called a 'katana' he would begin to slice at the open space in front of him which appeared to split open like he created a tear in the space of reality. Once it had gotten big enough, Jaruto then proceeded to head through it and then gestured me to follow as well in which I did, upon going through all I could see was something similar to the void of space, but eventually we would suddenly appear into somewhere no longer the desert but instead a town.

Jaruto: Here we are, this is where the brothers should be

Julianus: How did we get here? What is this town...?

Jaruto: Teleportation young one, and this is no ordinary town. This my friend... Is the town for the supernatural.

I would quickly understand to what he was saying as a sudden wave went over my body as my senses began to pick up on multiple creatures and beings that of which were not human and yet were also coexisting in this rather human like town. Before I could ask for more questions, Jaruto would already be on the move and on his feet since our horses had vanished into thin when we arrived in the town. I followed Jaruto close by whilst my eyes went to everything I could see in this place, some creatures appearing human whilst others aren't so much, I did expect most to be looking at us which was what some were doing as if they never seen our kind before.

Jaruto: Don't stare too much you'll attract attention

Julianus: Doesn't everyone attract attention to themselves here?

Jaruto: Not really, many things can happen here than what you wouldn't see in other places with human inhabitants. Everybody here mostly keeps to themselves and some don't but we brush it off unlike how humans react to what they can't understand.