Chapter 35

"Well what are you going to name him love"river sighs as he pets our new puppy

I love our new puppy, well he's not exactly a puppy he's more like a four year old chocolate lab that's humongous but whatever.

The minute we walked into the shelter he just looked so happy to see us, he jumped up at river and tried to lick him.

"Well I don't know what do you want to name him."I ask fully knowing I will Vito any bad names he says.

"He looks like a Oakley."river says as he kisses my forehead and walks into the kitchen.

"I actually don't hate that."I say as I lay me to my puppy and rub his stomach as he snuggles closer.

"We're like a little family."he says as he watches me from the door way of the kitchen.

I hum and chose to ignore his comment even though it makes my heart pound a thousand times faster.

"You want to give him a bath."I ask because the shelter lady told us it was probably best to wash him after having him in a shelter.

"Whatever you want."he says softly.

"Perfect."i say happily, "I already laid out everything we need in the bathroom."I say as I skip away to rivers master bathroom knowing it's the best and biggest bathroom.

Oakley follows willingly as river trails behind him making sure he dosen't run away.

The minute we get into the bathroom and start running the water into the bathtub Oakley starts looking for a way out of the bathroom he even makes a run towards the door.

"River grab him."I call out as I make sure the water isn't too warm.

"Should I just put  him in."river asks cautiously

"That's what she said."

"Are you ten years old and going through puberty."river dead pans st me as he still holds the 50 pound dog like he's nothing.

"Your the one who's as horny as a teenager."I point out knowing he can't keep his hands off me half the time.

"Are you kidding me,have you seen yourself  how could I stay away."he dramatically says