chapter 2

i walked up to maverick's apartment door. i unlocked the door with my spare key that he gave me.

i walked through the door and found my backpack laying on the floor next to the couch.

my attention was caught right when i heard creaking and shuffling coming from maverick's room. curiously, i opened the door only to find maverick and a blonde girl from our school. i dont think i need to elaborate much more.

"what the fuck?" i yelled.

"goddamnit delilah why didn't you tell me you were going to be coming over?" maverick yelled, scrambling for his clothes.

"i did. i texted you about an hour ago. but obviously you were too busy with little miss whore over here," i snapped.

"don't call her a whore," maverick warned.

"yeah bitch," the whore added.

"i'm done here," i yelled as i threw the key to his apartment, the watch, and the hoodie of his i was wearing out of the open window next to me.

i turned around and stormed out. i heard maverick calling after me, but my eyes welled up with tears as i grabbed my backpack and ran to the elevator.

i clicked the button to the lobby and started sobbing as i fell to the floor.

once again the elevator stopped, this time at the fourth floor.

the guy from earlier walked in, on his phone as i caught his attention.

"woah, what happened?" he asked, genuinely concerned.

"i just walked in on maverick cheating on me with a blonde bitch from school."

"holy shit. he is missing out on so much without you," he tried to make me feel better. i smiled halfheartedly.

"thanks. hey, i never caught your name?"

"oh, yeah i'm cameron."

that's a hot name. stop it.

"cool." as i said this i ducked my head back into my lap and started crying. not as much as before, but i was still crying.

cameron stood in the elevator awkwardly until we reached the lobby. i stood up, flattened out my clothes, and wiped my eyes as i walked out of the elevator and then the building.