5

Without looking back, I ran up the stairs and into my room. I shut the door and locked it. All I knew was that someone followed me back inside and was about to bang on the door at any moment. "Y/n! Y/n, open the door!" A muffled voice said. I couldn't make out who it was because our doors were pretty sound proof. "Y/n! It's me, just let me in," the voice said again.

"No! I just need to be alone right now!" I yelled back. I was in so much shock that I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"Oh for Gods sake, y/n, I'm not going to hurt you," they said again angrily. I continued to stand there, frozen. Five, who was been gone for 17 years, just magically reapers. It's impossible. Maybe if I concentrate, I could make out what this persons thinking...
'Why won't she open this door? I just need to find someway in-oh wait. I forgot about my powers'
Of course...

"Y/n?" Five asked, now in my room. "I need to talk to you," he pleaded. I tried my best to look anywhere but him."Y/n, I can't believe it's really you. After all these years I-I never thought I'd see you again," Five said taking a step towards me. "Y/n, look at me," Five pleaded. I tried to ignored him. "Y/n, look at me, please," Five whispered. I gave up and looked up into his eyes. "You're still 13, but how?" He asked.

"I could ask the same thing," I replied.

"Y/n, I...I missed you, so much," Five admitted quietly before giving me a hug. I almost hugged back, but then I thought back to what he said to me the last time I saw him...

"Y/n, you have no idea what I'm capable of! You have to let me do this!"

I remembered how mean and selfish he was the minute before he left. He didn't even think about what would happen. He just left just because he wanted to be better, better than himself. I pulled away and started at him with tears forming in my eyes.

"Y/n-"

"How could you?" I cried, "you left me alone and I never forgave myself for not being able to stop you!"

"Y/n! I-"

"No, Five! You don't understand how much of an effect you had on the Academy after you left. Vanya and I stayed up every night for a year waiting to see if you'd come back. Why did you leave us?" I ranted.

"I'ts not like I wanted to leave you for that long! Guess what, Y/n, I was in the apocalypse for 45 years! I was alone, I had no food, and I moved places every day. Eventually, someone found me and took me in to start working for them. I was an assassin, so I had to kill people on order. You think I enjoyed it? No, I didn't. But I knew if I kept working for them, I'd be able to come back to you. And I did, and you yell at me?" Five yelled back, angrily.

"You have no idea, do you? You know what, I need to be alone right now," I said before leaving. I walked down the street to the only other place I felt safe beside my own home, Griddy's.