An Old Man and A Screw

"Scram! Get out of here!" screamed Mark, a young man who appeared to be about 17, at the small dragon who was scavenging for something in Mark's box of spare parts. Mark had just gotten home from the Saturday Market, trying to find a light stabilizer for his grandfather's old five-seven pistol. Mark had been trying to mod it to be more on par with today's technology. Unfortunately, the dragon managed to make off with one of the screws he happened to need to actually get the light stabilizer he purchased to work. He cursed at the scoundrel as it flew away, as it was too late to go out to get a replacement. He decided to take a walk, his stressful day shoving through crowds of people, many armed, just to get one single stabilizer. Living in one of the most technologically deficit towns in District 18 wasn't exactly easy. He breathed in the cool summer breeze, the sun just finishing it's descent past the horizon. It was certainly late, but his mind was restless and he was unnerved by his parents' absence for... how long had it been? Days, he was sure. Usually at least one of his parents' was at home, but since Wednesday, he'd been alone. Lost in his thoughts, he neglected to notice the old man in front of him until his nose was just inches from the man's. 

"Excuse me, you must be Mark?" said the man,

"Y-yes..." Mark stammered, shocked the man already knew who he was.

The elder raised his arm out to the side, and the same dragon from earlier flew in, landing on it, with the screw in his teeth. The creature dropped the screw into the his hand.

"This i-"

"Give it back!"

Mark tried to reach for the screw, only to have the man pull his hand away and push Mark to the ground with the other.

"not so fast, hotshot!"

The man snapped his fingers and from the trees all around them tens, maybe even hundreds more of the small dragons flew toward's Mark, unable to defend himself from the onslaught, still shocked from being pushed down, they clawed into him, dragged him across the pavement, until eventually enough had a hold of him they began to fly him away, but he wasn't awake long enough to notice.