Introduction

Up and up I stare, looking into the face of men. Their bodies are strong, with no softness in their chest or wide hips below. Their adam apples bob up and down as they speak, and their beards can scratch and itch.

I look at myself, soft chested and flat below. My body is different, there is no adam apple and there is no scratchy hair. There is a softness to my body, and curves over my hips. It has a strength hidden from view.

When I look at a man, I place them into two categories. Men, and boys.

Men are those with soft eyes, and hearts that lean. When they shake my hand, they shake it forward, they respect me. I can tell by their words, I can tell when they listen, I can tell that this is what a real man is.

Boys are men who have yet to grow. Their eyes are filled with fear whenever they look at our soft bodies. Their words are harsh and laced with violence.

I don't know why they fear us so, why they continue to reach for our necks. Their eyes quiver with hatred and frustration, as if the mere fact we exist is a blemish in their perfect world.

50 years ago, Women were given a choice. To choose or not to choose to abort a fetus. It was revolutionary, never before have women had complete autonomy of their own body like this in the history of the United States. It has only been 50 years, not even a generation since, and today June 24 2022 it was overturned by the Supreme Court.

Am I surprised? I will say honestly no, I am not surprised. Born in the south, and raised in the south I heard and knew of the views of the few. When I say few, I mean the minority of the country. A small percentage are so religious and outlandish that they truly believe it is a good idea to control the bodies of women.

There's been threats, bombs, and attacks on Plan Parenthood. Any doctor who performs this procedure is declared a murderer. States making laws that made it harder and harder for women to get the care they need and deserve. It's a shame, we gained rights, and we fought for that right, and still, they wanted to tighten their collar around our necks. A collar we strive to snap in half.

When President Trump was elected he made a threat, that he would put Pro-life, or should I say Anti-Abortion thinking people into the Supreme court and he fulfilled his words. 5 Justices took our rights, 4 men and a white woman.

So am I surprised? No. Am I stunned and flabbergasted. No. Am I angry? Yes. A rage is burning deep inside of my chest, it guides my fingers across the keyboard. Rage, sadness, and frustration are the reason for these stories. And I hope no matter how small it reaches the people who constantly take away our rights.