when his bunny left, he started to notice her little things

“here we are, at the end of the road —  a road that's quietly caving in”

To say that Min Yoongi was pissed off was the understatement of the year. What kind of cold hearted bitch failed a student by one percent? He just needed a fifty to pass but hell to the fucking no. She just had to give him a forty-fucking-nine. So, yeah. He was pissed to the bones after waking up at nine in the morning to speak to the prof only for the receptionist telling him to wait for his turn as others had made an appointment and he had to wait for fucking hours until he was called into the office. That was how he started his winter break— begging and pleading for the extra one percent (after hours of waiting) so that he could pass this course and never look at an economics textbook ever again.

When Yoongi finally got his well deserved mark— a solid fifty-seven, he was beyond exhausted. And starving. It was already four in the afternoon and his discussion with Prof Samsoon had gone on for more than three hours. It also didn't help that he had a hangover the whole fucking time and taking about Econ just made it much worse.

So no one could blame him for walking in his apartment, more than surprised and annoyed to Im Nayeon, his self-proclaimed girlfriend and best friend, sulking on his couch with a bowl of… Was that pink popcorn?

(And by self-proclaimed, he meant that she was delusional enough to think that they were going out, when in fact, they were not. “Best friends” was also a stretch. She was just a friend. Hardly. A girl who often terrorized him with her overly bright presence at the most inconvenient time. He didn't even know why he put up with her. Okay, maybe he did. She was just a real good lay and sometimes made him food. And if her only conditions were for him to keep off other girls, then he supposed he could deal with that so long as she kept making him her super-secret-recipe so secret that it was practically a you-have-to-marry-me-to-get-the-recipe kind of secret lasagna).

“What are you doing here?” he'd asked grumpily and kicked off his shoes, crossing his arms over his chest to look at her.

She was wearing a cheerleader outfit, one he particularly liked taking off her, and when she didn't say anything, Yoongi raised a brow as if to say, go on. Stop wasting my time.

This was her cue to run to his arms and give him too long of a hug and start on her endless chatter that he found ever so annoying. Sometimes she would kiss him and tell lame jokes and he'd have to make her shut up and kiss her back because that was the only way he could keep her quiet. At least, that was what she would do all the time whenever she waited for him at his apartment because she was so goddamn predictable like that.

But this time, she didn't move. Or say anything. She just pouted some more and ignored him.

Much as he liked looking at the freshman’s hot bod, if he wasn't going to get any, she might as well leave.

It was odd having her here and not hearing her talk. Or even look at him. Yoongi didn't like it.

“Eyes on me, Bunny,” he said and her eyes fluttered open, head tilting upwards to meet his eyes. He had to remind himself that the fast beating of his heart was not because he liked her or anything but because her eyes were so gorgeous that it sometimes took his breath away.

“You forgot,” she whispered, her voice a little huskier than per usual. He wondered why that was.

And what did he forget? They didn't make plans today. Or at least, she didn't ask him if he wanted to do anything this particular day. In fact, she'd been relatively quiet all morning. Yoongi didn't receive any calls or texts from her and he supposed that if he thought about it, her silence was kind of weird. She would alway text him good morning and call him in the afternoon to make plans for dinner. But today, she did none of that. He would know. He'd been bored out of his mind all morning waiting to talk to the prof and Nayeon hadn't contacted him.