swimming pool

The car ride home was silent. I didn't put on the radio like I usually do, I sat at the red traffic, it's reflection bouncing off my windshield. it started raining, I didn't mind the rain, at least not now. I figured I always asked myself the same question.

"Why?

It's a big question with many answers. Some I'm not ready to hear yet. I finally reached my house, heading for the door. My phone started ringing.

Incoming: Tate

I decided to ignore it until I got inside and changed from my work uniform. Undoing the buttons on my blouse and wriggling off black jeans, kicking them on the floor. My phone started ringing again. I answered it with a harsh tone.

"What?" I hissed

"Somethings wrong, Paige, tell me" Tate said, calmly

"There's nothing going on, Tate." I answered, about to hang up

"I'm coming round, Paige" Tate said, in a demanding tone

he hung up. I started to panic. Picking up empty bags and boxes and putting them in the trash, making your bed, cleaning the sick from the toilet, hiding the meds in my cabinet. I was tired by the time Tate arrived.

A knock on the front door echoed through the whole house. I hesitantly answered it, Tate was standing outside with a bunch of flowers. I opened the door. Tate laid the flowers down and wrapped his long arms around your body, squeezing all your organs inside.

Tate looked at you. He could see through all your bullshit lies and properly see you for who you were. He took your hand and lead you through to the living room. He made you sit down on the couch before he spoke.

"Paige please, just, tell me what's going on, and don't say nothing because I'm not stupid" He said, his kindness seeping through his voice.

"I don't want to be the reason you're like this, Tate. I don't want to be someone who causes unnecessary stress to your life" I spoke, tears welling up in your eyes. He grabbed your hand, and stared at you.

"You don't cause unnecessary stress to my life, Paige. You make me the happiest man alive, I don't want to be around anyone else, do I make you feel like that, Paige?" Tate whispered, trying not to cry.

"No no nothing like that, it's just, I don't even know anymore. I don't know what to think, or how to feel" I cried, more tears forming in my ducts.

I stood up in shame, hiding my face. Tate stood up, caressing my cheek.

"Please sweetheart, talk to me" He said, his eyes wide and watery. I turned away and ran to the bathroom.

Tate tried the door knob. It was locked to his surprise.

"Speak to me" He said, his voice sounding urgent. Hearing the small cracks in his sentence.

"I feel like I'm losing my mind." I spoke, head resting against the bathroom door as I cradled my arms in one another. I heard him move closer to the slit in the door.

"You don't have to do this alone, Paige." He softly said, trying the knob again. I got up and unlocked it, waiting for him to come through. He finally twisted it and opened it, to see me standing, arms bundled in the other, tears falling from my eyes, lip trembling.

I pushed pass him and walked to my bedroom, gathering the covers and throwing them over me as I climbed into bed. Tate shortly followed through, his movements quick and uneasy. He pulled up the chair that was sat at my desk and scrapped it beside my bed. I turned away, on my side and went to sleep. Tate loved me, he said that many times and also showed me it, but he doesn't like when I do this, when I shut him out, he wants to help and it frustrates him because he doesn't know what to do.