Chapter 5

Game Day 

Game Day 

TODAY WAS THE DAY that I showed that I was the best. But Stephanie White wasn't making it easy. She too was on the volleyball team and luckily...hated me. 

Both teams were practicing in the gym on either side of the net and the student sections were filled with both school colors. 

Mama blew the whistle to huddle us up, it was time to start. I looked up towards the stands to see Tomas and Juli. But right next to them was...Christopher. Once again he was staring at me, but also at Mama. 

He looked between us with a suspicious glare, but the bell rang and the scoreboard was lit. I started to walk away when his eyes lit up in recognition. 

He knew.  

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

NEW POV: CHRISTOPHER DAWSON

SHE WAS EXPLOSIVE and I mean that in a good way. Everyone was good at the sport they played, hence why they play it. But she was just...out of her league. She rarely made any mistakes and had the crowd going wild. The Jubilee coach tried every possible way to get her kicked out or stop her.  

She saved almost every ball that came at her and swung with the power of twenty men making it almost impossible to save the ball from hitting the ground. Steph was nowhere near as good as she was. I felt not one ounce of concern for Stephanie who pouted on the bench.  

Just because she's my girlfriend doesn't mean I like her  

It was an act, a ruse for popularity. But sometimes she took it seriously. 

But I felt rage, I finally figured out why she looked so familiar. Camila Espinoza the friendship bracelets we'd made were still on her wrist. The white and blue beads hung from my wrist as I pulled at it. She was back. But why?

Why did she leave in the first place?  

Her mother sat on the sideline jotting down notes with a clipboard and watching her players play their hearts out. The quiet of the crowd was deafening as the last point of the match approached. The one point that could determine if our school won Jubilee for the first time in a year. 

Camila's movement amped as she jumped and took one last swing on the ball. The sound in the gym erupted as the ball hit the white line by a few inches and an entire dogpile of girls made its way onto the court. You'd think they'd just won a whole championship with the way they were reacting. 

Her confused face made me chuckle as a million girls ran and wrapped their arms around her. She didn't realize how much she mattered now or how much she would matter from now on.