rose of the metro

After spending a night in the station, Team SRWBY went towards the bar that they visited yesterday. During the walk, Ruby noticed that her mother was looking at the strange bullet. When Summer started to play with it, the young girl found out that the bullet was actually a lighter.

Ruby was wondering what made her mother so…focused on the lighter. She had saw her staring at it when the latter was about to sleep and recently when she woke up. What made the lighter so special to Summer?

When they reached the bar, Summer saw that Khan was already there and drinking a cup of mushroom tea. She walked towards her colleague with the huntresses-in-training following her.

"Ah, Summer. It's good to see that you've arrive." Greeted Khan.

"Nice to see you too, Khan." Replied Summer as she took a seat.

"Mom, who is this old man?" Asked Ruby.

"Girls, let me introduce you to an…acquittance of mine, Khan." Summer gestured at the old man. "Khan, you know Ruby and Yang. The other two girls are Weiss and Blake."

"Pleasure to meet you." Khan made a small smile.

"Wait, how does he know about us?" Asked Yang.

"From this." Summer took out something from her pocket.

When the huntresses-in-training looked at what Summer just took out, they saw that it was a family photo of Ruby, Yang, Taiyang, and Summer. Its condition was not good; the corners were torn, the texture was no longer smooth with many creases, and it was yellowing.

"One of few reminders that I have about my home, my family…" Summer looked at the photo with a feeling of nostalgic.

As the huntress-turned-Ranger looked at the photo, Khan decided to tell something to her daughters.

"So, Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long?"

"Y-Yes. What is it, Mr. Khan?" Asked Ruby nervously.

"Please, just call me Khan." Khan took a sip of his tea. "Summer told a lot about her family. How she's proud of her daughters and…significant other. And in return, how proud you're with your mother. I remember that she once told me that she was called 'Super-Mom.'"

"Y…Yeah…she's…awesome…" Ruby started to blush and scratched her head. Though she was wondering who was the "significant other" that Khan mentioned.

"Yep. Super-Mom. Slayer of Monsters. Baker of Cookies." Stated Yang with a proud tone. "The best mother that people can hope for."

"Huh, I see. You know, all those admiration that you have for your mother…" Khan's smile turned into a frown. "…discard it."

"W-What?!" Ruby and Yang were shocked by what they've just heard. Even Weiss and Blake were reacting as well with their widened eyes.

"Discard it. Don't look your mother as a 'Super-Mom' that you've admired for years. Look at her as who she is; as a person." Explained Khan before he finished his tea.

Ruby and Yang were confused by what they've just heard. Summer had done a lot of things that made her worthy of the title "Super-Mom," at least for her daughters. They already saw her as who she was. So, why Khan asked them to do that?

Before they could have asked the reason, Khan tapped Summer's shoulder. It was by then the girls realized that Summer was not listening to the conversation between her daughters and her colleague. She was so focused on her photo.

"Are you ready?" Asked Khan.

"O-Of course, yeah." Replied Summer who immediately stood up.

The others soon followed and they began to walk towards the gate that lead to the surface. With the huntresses-in-training behind Khan and Summer, Blake decided to start a conversation.