Chapter Three

Both Bradley and I make our way to the group. Hangman walked in front of our view. "Hangman, you look good," Bradley said, being kind. But we all know Hangman. "I am good, Rooster. Very good." I roll my eyes at this statement and turned to the bar, wanting to get away with the middle school-like drama."Hey Pen, can I do my usual second round?" I ask testing her. "Sure, peach or grape?" she asked. "You know, I think I might go on the sweet side. Peach. Oh and make it 3 tonight." I smile. Penny nods and pours me 3 peach ring shots. I bring one over to Bradley. "Sperm to worm?" I solute. "Womb to Tomb," he replays. To that, we tap the bottom of our glasses on the table and take the shot. Bradley makes a move to the jukebox, unplugging it. I smile and reach for the last shot, downing it quickly. Penny, knowing my next order, Irish Scotch with lime on rocks, hands me it. Bradley then strolls over to the piano, stroking the keys gently. I set my drink on top of the piano and sit next to him. "The same, Rooster?" I ask. "You know it, Daggers," He teased. I roll my eyes and start us off. And Bradley quickly picks up the song his Dad played for him.He eventually taught it to me. Now, it's one of the many songs from our childhood. 

We were halfway through the song when I look up and saw Maverick. He was looking through the window, directly at Rooster. He looked upset and hurt. I quickly got up and ran out, ignoring the calls from Phoenix, and the look from Rooster. The two look at each other. Phoenix shrugs and goes back to dancing. But Bradley watches me leave the building. He continues to sing as I walk out the doors. When I got outside, I turn onto the parking lot, where I see Mav on his bike about to leave. "Maverick wait," I call out. He stops his engine and turns to look at me. "You ok?" I ask. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" he asked. "Because you were looking at Rooster like he was a lost puppy," I say and turn looking through the same window. I hear Maverick sigh and step off his bike. "I was just watching you two. With him at the piano. He looks so much like-" his tears interrupt himself "like Goose." I turn to him. I bring him into a hug. "It wasn't your fault, Mav" she whispered. He shook his head. He broke the hug. "Go back in there. Go have fun. Maybe I'll see you around," he said with a sad smile. I smiled back. He kicked up his stand and drove off.

——————————————————————

As I walk back into the bar, people chanted Rooster's name. They must have finished the song. I made my way back to the piano and grabbed my now very watery drink. "Hey," Rooster called. He made his way in front of me "Where you go?" he asked. I smiled gently. "I saw an old friend." I was about to take a drink when Coyote grabbed it. "Damn, Daggers, what is this?" he asked "Fruit Cocktail?" he teased. "Hey come on man," Rooster reached for the drink but I stopped him. "No it's ok Rooster, he can try it, go ahead," I grin. Coyote scoffed and took a sip, and immediately spit it out back into the cup. He handed it back to me, coughing. I made a face of discussion. "It's fine, didn't want to finish it anyway," I mutter to myself but loud for everyone to hear. "What is that?" Coyote asked through a cough. "It's a Johnnie Walker whiskey with a hint of lime. Why what's the matter? Can't take it?" 

"Wow, you are already on Scotch, how long have you been here?" Rooster asked. "What?" Phoenix asks. "I can tell how long Daggers here has been at a bar just by what drink she has in her hand," he explains. "How?" Fanboy asks. "She's had the same bar routine since she first turned 21," he explained placing his arm around my shoulder. I smirk and shake my head. "How do you remember it? Ghost and I went to this bar every night and he didn't even remember." I say, conjuring up the memory. "You think I don't know it? Quiz me." "How much if I win?" I asked with a cheeky smile. "20, and you mean when I win." "10, and don't let your ego get in the way," I challenge. "Classic Y/n/n, making it cheap." I scoff. "Fine. Make it 15, the final offer. Take it or leave it hot shot," I smirk. Rooster bit the inside of his cheek. He turn so his arm fell off my shoulders to look at me. He looks at the group who just stare at us in confusion. Hangman especially. He looked directly at Phoenix who shrug and nodded. He stuck his hand for me to shake it. "You got yourself a deal, Kazasky. Could you repeat the challenge?" he asked pointing at Phoenix.

"You, Bradley Bradshaw, have to name all the drinks that Y/n Kazasky orders in a single evening out on the town," Phoenix says in her best game show voice. Rooster nods and turns to me. "First she always, no matter where she is, starts out with a bottle of Budweiser," he starts. "I can never do drafted. Hate the taste of metal." I explain. "Then she moves on to 2-3 quick shots of either Peach ring or Grape nerds shots," he says. Everyone turns to me, with questioning looks. "What! I have a sweet tooth, ok?" I defend. "You next move into a simple Johnnie Walker with a hint of lime, and depending on the time either finish with a white claw before heading out or stay for another 2 hours with some sort of fruity sweet cocktail, it's never a specific order. But anyway, she always ends her night with a White claw," He finishes. "Wow," Bob mumbles. "Wait, what flavor of the white claw?" Payback asks. I smile at Payback. "Easy Pink Grapefruit," Roosters smirks. "Son of bitch, You are correct," I mutter reaching into my pocket, grabbing my wallet, and handing him a 10 and a 5. "Do you have an alcohol problem?" Fanboy asked. "No, I just have a very high tolerance towards it," I say and walked off. I give my glass to Penny and order a grapefruit White Claw. Then I move to the jukebox, place a few quarters in, and click 59. "P.Y.T" by Michael Jackson.

I look over at Rooster as he looks my way. "No," he said and I just nod, with a haunting smile on his face. When we were younger, I would play this all the time on my old record player. And Bradley and I would dance to it. Soon, the whole group was dancing and just having a blast. I watched as our group, minus Hangman and Coyote, just having fun. Bradley and I screamed the lyrics at each other. When the song ended, Paycheck and Fanboy said their goodbyes for the night. It was gonna be an early morning. "I better head off too," I mutter to Rooster. "Shit! I completely forgot to find a place." I curse, again, to myself quickly getting on my phone and trying to find some sort of Airbnb or a hotel. Phoenix must have noticed my panic mode and walked over to me. Rooster sat across from me and try to help me look for a place. "You good there, Daggers?" she asked. "Yeah, I didn't think I would be here this long, so I thought I would just go find somewhere after a few drinks. And now I can't find anywhere available," I groan. "Hey, no worries. My place has an extra room. We head there now if you want. Fanboy was my ride and I was gonna ask you if you would give me a ride anyways," she giggled.

"Oh my God, Phoenix, you are a life savior. That would be awesome. Yeah, we can head out, just let me pay my tab" I say and walk over to the bar, where I gave Penny my card. "I feel bad for Mav, I'll pay off my group stuff. But don't tell Mav. Use some of that money for you girl," I laugh. Penny smiled and excepted my card. She ran it and gave it back, having me sign off on it. I stroll over to Phoenix who was saying her goodbyes to everyone. Rooster walked over to me. "It was really good seeing you Y/n. I am excited to work with you." I smile at him. Is it possible for someone to get even more handsome? Woah, ok, stop there. Ghost's been gone for only 4 years. Give yourself time. I stopped and grew stiff. My head spun. the memories of everything came back. from losing Rooster when his papers were pulled, to losing Ghost. He broke the hug and examined my face. "You ok?" he asked. I put on my best fake smile and nod. He smiled back. "Phoenix, I'm gonna walk her out, just meet us outside," He called out. Phoenix nodded, continuing her conversation with Bob. Rooster offered his arm and I chuckled. But I looped my arm through his.

He and I walked through the bar, into the cool beach air. I hear him sigh as he walked over to face the waters. I follow him. "I've been meaning to ask you, how are you doing? I heard about Ghost. I am so sorry." I shrug. "With our career, you have to learn that death just happens and you have to live after it," I say and stare into the beautiful water. "If you don't mind me asking. How long were you two together?" "The day that he died, it was only officially 8 months. But being together practically every day for those 8 months felt like longer." I look over at Rooster. He has his classic grin. "What?" "You've just become so adult-like. I mean you've always been very mature, but watching you handle Ghost's Death and your dad's cancer, you are already doing so much better than me." I smile at him. "Hey, Y/n!" I hear Phoenix call. I turn to see her looking at us. "You should go," He said and I started to walk. But I hear him call my name. I turn. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked. I nod and walk over to Phoenix. She had a smirk plastered on her face. "What?" I ask, unlocking my car. "Nothing," she laughed. I roll my eyes and start up the engine.