Chapter 3: D&D

I woke up the next morning to an alarm clock going off. I looked around trying to get my barring. This wasn't my room. Shit, I was still at Eddie's. I was about to get up but saw Eddie's arm around my waist while he was still passed out. My face got a bit warmer. He lifted his head a little then realized who I was. He backed up a little. 

 "What day is it again?" he asked. "Friday I think" I replied. He immediately shot up and started grabbing clothes. "Do you need a shirt?" he asked. "Of course, I do dumbass" I replied. Eddie smiled and tossed me a shirt. I stripped my old shirt off and saw Eddie had stopped and was watching me. "You good?" I asked slipping his shirt on. Eddie nodded and took off his shirt to put on a new one. I hadn't realized it before but he gave me his Hellfire Club shirt. 

 He slipped on his jean jacket and gave me a zip-up hoodie. We rushed out of his room and out the door. On the way, he had grabbed his backpack and slung it over his back. I grabbed mine out of the back of my car and then hopped in the front seat. 

 "You look good," Eddie said as I pulled out of the trailer park. "If this is your way of trying to get me to join your club it won't work. Even if the shirts are comfy" I smiled. He smiled back. "Wait is today the last day of school or is it next week?" I asked. We both froze for a second. "THAT'S TODAY" Eddie yelled. "Today? I could have sworn it was next week!" I said. "I haven't even picked a college," I said. "I heard Indiana State University is good," Eddie said. "Yeah. What college do you want to go to?" I asked. "I'm just hoping to graduate and move out of my uncle's trailer," he said. "Fair," I said. 

 We pulled into the school parking lot and saw Dustin and Mike waiting for Eddie at the front. Me and Eddie grabbed our things and started walking up to the building. "I didn't think you guys liked each other" Mike said once we got up there. "He's tolerable," I said. Eddie elbowed me in my side and walked up to the school. 

(Time skip to lunch)

 Eddie walked up to me while I was sitting with Robin at lunch. "You guys want to come to sit with us?" he asked referring to the D&D table. "I'm good but I'm sure Steve would love to sit over there," Robin said. I gave Robin a death glare. If I said no now I would seem like a bitch so I sighed and followed Eddie over to the table. He made Mike and Will scoot over to make room for me to sit next to him. 

  "Why is he sitting here?" asked some guy across the table. Eddie shot him a look and the guy nodded and smiled. "Sorry" he whispered. I nodded confused why the guy smiled. "Are you doing anything after school Harrington?" Eddie asked. I shook my head. "We're having our last meeting of the school year and handing off the club to someone new since I'm graduating," he said. "I think I can clear a space in my very busy schedule," I said. He smiled and nodded. "So I'll see you there?" he asked. "We'll see," I said.

(another time skip to the D&D club meeting)

 I walked up to the place where the D&D club meets after school and knocked on the door. The door almost immediately opened and I saw Dustin standing in the doorway. "Steve! Hi," he said. He seemed pretty excited to see me. "Hey Henderson," I said as I pat his shoulder. "The famous Steve Harrington has arrived thirty minutes late!" Eddie said as I walked in. "Yeah, yeah I had to do something before coming. You should be grateful I even came Munson" I smiled. 

 "Well, we have food and drinks. It's a small party, get-together thing" Will explained. I nodded. There was a table in the middle of the room littered with different foods that had nothing to do with each other with drinks and cups scattered 

 Most of the time I was there Eddie was hanging out with Dustin, Mike, and Will with a few other members of the group, so I mostly just sat on a table that was against the wall. I watched everyone hanging out with each other laughing and having a good time. I felt bad for it but I felt a little left out. I considered leaving a few times but figured it was rude since Eddie invited me.

 I sat there for about an hour and a half until it was almost 8:30 pm when Eddie came over and sat with me. "I'm sorry," he said. "It's fine" I replied. "No, it isn't. I invited you I should have made you feel included" he argued. "You were busy with your club members plus it's an important night," I said. We were both silent for a second. Eddie moved his hand a bit and accidentally touched mine. I looked at my hand then at him. I moved my hand and looked down. 

 What the hell is wrong with me? I keep thinking of Eddie. I even slept in his bed! I'm just so confused. I almost want it to stop, but I can't help but want it to keep happening. 

 "Steve?" Eddie said trying to get my attention. "Huh? Oh sorry. What was the question?" I asked. "I said that everything is wrapping up and I don't really need to be here anymore. You want to leave?" he asked. "Wait who did you hand the club off to?" I asked. I don't think I had been paying attention. "I gave it to Dustin," he said. I felt super happy for him. I knew he had been wanting this.

 I followed Eddie out the door but before I left I congratulated Dustin. On the way to the car, I didn't really talk. Eddie wouldn't stop. He only stopped when we got in the car. He looked over at me and scanned my face. "Are you high?" he asked. "Why the hell would I be high Eddie?" I asked pulling out of my parking spot. "You seem out of it" He examined. "Look I'm not high I'm probably just tired or some dumb shit like that," I said brushing off his question. 

 "Look I know this is a bit of a strange question, but can I stay at your house? My uncle is going to be at my house tonight and I just don't want to be there" he asked. He seemed like he felt bad for asking. "Sure that's fine. My parents are always gone so I usually have to house to myself" I said. "Oh-Thanks" he let out a sigh of relief. I smiled and nodded.