➳ Chapter 1: Mishap

"SHE'S GETTING AWAY!" Sova barked as he aimed his arrow towards you using his bow, drawing and anchoring carefully as he aimed at your quick-moving figure. He released the string as the arrow came flying towards you, you gasped and made a sharp turn around a corner as you kept on running, dashing through anywhere as you were looking for a possible place to hide. The icy weather makes it hard for you to breathe, the cold air filling up your lungs uncomfortably.

Finally, you hid behind a giant moving box as you leaned against the large object, trying your best to inhale silently, panting quietly as you regained your breath. Standing still, you hear other people in a distance as they scatter around and search for you. Remembering what mess you got yourself in, you were trying to steal radianite from a ship but never realized the ship you were stealing from was one of the ships from the Valorant Protocol, you were caught by one of the agents of VP. (A/N: VP stands for Valorant Protocol btw im just lazy lol)

"Way to go, Y/N" You sighed to yourself, disappointed. 

 Loud yelling and shouting in the area can be heard, you now pray you don't get caught by any of the agents. You waited patiently before looking out, you scanned your surroundings to find nobody as you sigh in relief. You get out of your position as you run away quickly to find a way to get out of the foreign place you've got yourself in. 

Suddenly, you were interrupted by a sudden blue flash. A fist goes towards you as a strong punch hits you and everything immediately turns black.

~~~

You opened your eyes slowly as it quickly flooded your vision brightly before regaining a clear view around you, as you looked around, you gasp. You realized the situation you were in, your hands were tied behind your back as you sat on a chair that felt flimsy and weak, and a dimly lit lamp on a desk was the only light source in the room. The room looked new and you don't recognize it at all. You were definitely caught. "Looks like the thief is awake." A cocky tone spoke, you looked up to see a person with a blue jacket and dark hair. He looks at you with a glare. "W-who are you? Let me out!" You yelled at him, he snarled "Shut up, you thief!" He yelled back. 

"Enough Yoru." A silver-tone cut in, making you and him turn your head to a kind-looking female, her hair tied in a pony as she wore a neat white cloth. "I'm Sage and this is Yoru", She pointed at the person who shouted back at you earlier. Sage then continued "He was the one who knocked you out." You scowled and looked at him with an angered demeanor. "Let me ask you a question, have you been stealing alot of radianite lately?" she asked, a soft tone shifted in her voice, making you feel a bit relaxed and calm down. You looked down, feeling guilty you got caught as you stared into the cold floor. 

You eventually gave in "Y-yeah... I have." You muttered.

"Why have you been stealing radianite?" Sage continues to ask.

"B-because I-... um..." You hesitate. "I-I... need it to get stronger, the Kingdom Corporation did something bad to someone who is close to me..." You spilled out, you frowned as you looked away from Sage who is in front of you. 

"Are you by any chance a radiant?" Sage asked sternly.

You hesitated once more, you thought to yourself that you didn't wish to tell anyone that you were a radiant. It has been the biggest secret you've kept ever since then, but you knew that you have to give in and tell someone eventually, you knew your secret will be revealed soon. It's been hard to hide your true identity and hard to get away with your wrongdoings, it has been too much to bear since then. You looked at Sage, in which she gave you a small smile. You inhaled harshly and huffed "Yeah... it's true, I'm a radiant." You admitted. "See? I told you she's a radiant. I suspected she was one." Yoru spoke, he took a phone and he pressed on the screen, contacting someone. "Hey Brimstone, the person who tried to steal our radianite is a radiant, and she's restrained so she won't do us any harm," he spoke to the device. "Alright, very well." the speaker on the phone replied and hung up. 

You hear the door open behind you as you turned your head around to see a well-built scruffy guy, he entered the room as the door shut behind him. "Yoru, please get rid of the rope," he requested. He scoffed as he walked towards you, using his butterfly knife, he sliced off the ropes that were around your wrists tightly. You hissed as you rubbed your wrists, trying to soothe the pain as the rope dug too deeply into your skin. 

"What do you have to say afterward? At least give me a thank you." Yoru said, looking down at you with a grin.

"Is this guy for real? Ugh..."  You think to yourself as you only gave him a look that said 'no'. 

"Alright alright, Yoru and Sage, please head out of the room. I'd like to have a word with the thief." The well-built man, Brimstone, said. Yoru's face twisted into an annoyed look as he got up and walked out of the room, Sage nodded to Brimstone as she followed and went out of the room as well, shutting the door gently. 

After the two agents left, Brimstone started asking you questions and your personal information, name, age, birthday and etc. He asked about your life and the abilities that the radianite gave you, he made sure that you are safe and stated that there are people in the VP who are radiant's like you. You answered all of his questions, still feeling skeptical and quite worried almost. 

"Y/N, we would like to recruit you as an agent in the Valorant Protocol. We will not give you the decision to back down from this offer because we need more radiants like you in the Valorant Protocol." Brimstone said boldly. 

You looked at him, eyes widened. "A-are you serious? Didn't I just try stealing YOUR radianite?" You said, feeling more skeptical. 

"I know and that was very wrong of you to do so, but Y/N your abilities can help us through missions, and in addition, we provide your necessary things for survival like food, water, and shelter," Brimstone spoke. 

"I mean, I guess I'll stay. I have been having troubles whenever it comes to shelter so I'll join in." You said, accepting the offer.

"Great, welcome abroad to the Valorant Protocol, C/N." Brimstone said with a smile. (A/N: C/N means your codename also xd)

(A/N: to be continued woooooo, ill be making part 2 soon eventually! sorry if there is any mistakes whatsoever in this fanfic, i wont be doing any proofreading of any of the chapters so please keep that in mind!)