maybe our futures are better apart

(Anna's POV)

"Great game today Freddie" I said as he met me outside the ball park

"Thanks." He said dryly and walked right past me and ignored that I was waiting for a hug. 

"Ok then" I whispered under my breath and got in his car. 

"So Im gonna drop you off at your house and Ill text you in the morning" Freddie said and I was caught off guard. 

"So no cuddles tonight?" I frowned and he gripped the steering wheel a little bit tighter. 

"Im very tired." Is all he said while keeping his focus on the road. I barely managed to whisper an ok without tears spilling out of my eyes. 

The thought of him cheating on me keeps coming to my mind. I hate to think this way but he is being so distant lately. That isn't the way Freddie is. I try to remind myself that Freddie is loyal and not like those other guys who are total jerks but its hard. 

When we got back to my house he dropped me off and barely waited until I was out of the car to drive off. I was beyond sad and confused at his recent actions. 

I barely made it inside the house before balling my eyes out. I just don't understand what is going on. I ran to the bathroom and took a nice warm shower before hopping into bed and going to sleep. It was best to not stress over it tonight and wait until tomorrow to see what is happening. 

I tried to fall alseep but I couldn't. I kept tossing and turning. It has been 2 hours now since I came to bed so why is it so hard to fall asleep? 

I was almost to sleep when my phone buzzed, saying I had a text message. 

Freddie😘: U Awake?

Me: Yes.. Why r u awake you have a big game tomorrow

Freddie😘: I can't sleep...

Me: Me either

Freddie😘: Can we meet at our spot to talk? 

Me: Yeah... Ill be there in 10 minutes 

Freddie😘: Ok great

I got out of bed as fast as I could and threw on one of Freddie's hoodies and a pair of sweatpants. I jumped in my car and drove to "our spot". We called it out spot because it is where we first met. It is a mountain top with a view of dodger stadium and the city of LA.

When I got there I saw Freddie already there outside of his car, leaning on it

When I got there I saw Freddie already there outside of his car, leaning on it. I got out of my car and stood next to him looking at the beautiful view. 

"Hey" He whispered. 

"Hi" I whispered back. 

"Im sorry for how weird I was acting earlier" 

"Its ok....." I said hesitantly trying to figure out where this was heading. He turned to look at me. 

"Anna... The truth is that.. I think we need to break up." I was caught off guard. Tears started to form in my eyes. 

"Freddie..." He cut me off. 

"Your love has lifted me to the greatest heights imaginable. I am deeply hurt, and my heart will undoubtedly be scarred because we can't be together. I don't think I'll ever find a love as true as ours, and I'm not sure I ever want to try. Although you can't take me with you, I've given you my heart to keep forever. I think this is what is best for us and our future" By the time he finished, we had both started Crying. 

He embraced me in a hug and we both just kept crying, enjoying the last of each others warm presence. When we both stopped crying, I took a step back from him. I took off the hoodie and that left me in a tank top. I handed the hoodie to him. 

"This is yours." He refused to take the hoodie

"No Anna, Keep it" He slightly smiled and I did too. 

"Bye Freddie"

"Bye Anna. Ill see you around sometime"

"I still have those season tickets" I smiled and he chuckled

"Yeah..." He said and I turned around and walked to my car. He stood there looking at the city. I drove back home and ran to my bed. 

I busted into tears for the 3rd time today. Maybe he was right....

Maybe our Futures are better apart...