Chapter Twenty Three

Edeline’s P.O.V
It was the first day of classes and everyone was in Defence against the Dark Arts class and I was lost in thought about the dream I had last night and other things before I was brought out of my thoughts when Hermione spoke up, “are you alright Edeline? What’s on your mind?” she asked me and I sighed, “you’re not going to stop asking me are you?” I asked her and we both chuckled, “no, I don’t think so.” she said before I told her everything that happened and what I found out before we noticed something before hearing Professor Umbridge spoke up, “good morning children. Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations, O.W.L’s more commonly known as O.W.L’s. study hard  and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so and the consequences may be severe.” She said to everyone before she used Magic to hand out books to everyone before she started speaking again, “your previous instructions in this subject have been disturbingly uneven. But you’ll be pleased to know that from now on, you’ll be following a carefully structured Ministry approved course of Defensive Magic. Yes.” she said to us before Hermione spoke up, “there’s nothing in here about using Defensive Spells.” she mentioned, “I wonder why.” I whispered to her before Umbridge spoke up, “using spells? Well I can’t imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom” she said to Hermione, “we’re not going to use Magic?” Ron asked her, “yeah, why not?” I asked her, “you’ll be learning about Defensive Spells in a secure, Risk free way.” she said to us and I furrowed my brows a little, “what use is that, we’re gonna be attacked it won’t be risk free.” Harry told her, “Student’s will raise their hands when they speak in my class.  It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which after all, is what school is all about.” she said to everyone, “is it now, but what if someone would want to attack any of us, we won’t be prepared for it. No one in the school would, if they use this book.” I mentioned to her, “she’s right, how’s theory supposed to prepare us for what’s out there?” Harry asked her, “There is nothing out there dear. Who do you imagine would want to attack children such as yourselves?” she said to us, “oh, I don’t know, maybe, Lord Voldemort.” Harry told her and everyone just mumbled to each other, “now let me make this quite plain, you have been told that a certain Dark Wizard is at large once again. This is a lie.” she said to everyone, “it’s not a lie, we saw him. We fought him.” Harry said to her, “detention Mr. Potter.” She said to Harry, “So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead at his own accord.” Harry told her, “Cedric Diggory Death was a tragic accident.” she said, “it was murder, Voldemort killed him.” Harry said, “so, everything we said was just made up to you? Why would we lie about something like this, huh? So as far as I know, neither you or the Ministry have proof about what you claim either.” I said to her, “ENOUGH. Enough see me later, the both of you, Mr. Potter and Miss. Lupin. My office.” she said to us before she went on with the class.

After classes were over for the day, both Harry and I were making our way to Professor Umbridge’s office, “what do you think she will do?” I asked him, “who knows but I doubt it would be good.” Harry said and I sighed when we managed to make it to her office and he knocked on the door, “come in” we heard her say and managed to walk inside, “Cute.” I said as I looked at the decorative plates she had on the walls, “good evening Mr. Potter and Miss Lupin. Sit.” she said to the both of us and we have done so, “the both of you are going to be doing some lines for me today Mr. Potter and Miss. Lupin.” she said to us and just as we were about to grab our quills, she spoke up, “no, not your quills. The both of you are going to be using a rather special one of mine.” she said as she handed us both a quill and Harry and I just looked at each other before we let her continue, “now, I want you to write, I must not tell lies.” she told us, “how many times?” Harry asked her, “well let's say for as long as it takes for the message to sink in.” she said to us before we noticed that we haven’t gotten any ink, “you haven’t given us any ink” I said to her, “oh neither of you won’t need any ink” she told me and I looked at Harry and shrugged my shoulders before the both of us had started writing down what she wanted us to and after a few moments had passed, I began to feel a sharp pain in my left hand before I looked over to see that what I was writing was appearing on my hand and looked over at Harry to see the same thing was happening to him before she walked over us, “yes” she said to us, “nothing” Harry said to her, “that’s right. Because the both of you know, deep down, you both deserve to be punished. Don’t you Mr. Potter and Miss. Lupin?” she said to us, “go to hell.” I said to her and she just smiled before she had us continue. After we were able to leave, both Harry and I didn’t say anything to each other before he spoke up, “are you alright?” He asked me, “I’m fine. I’ll be telling mum about this though that’s for sure.” I told him, “alright” he said before I went to find mum. 

Rosalie’s P.O.V
After classes were over, I was about to write to Remus about what had happened the night before and managed to send it to him before Edeline walked into the room and I got up and went to her as she sat down, “what’s wrong?” I asked her, “the stupid Bimbo of a teacher, Professor Umbridge gave Harry and I detention earlier.” she said and she showed me her hand and saw that it was scared, “how did this happen? What did she do to you?” I asked her, “she had us write lines with a special quill she had, I think she might have done something to them before she had us use them.” she told me and I let out an angry sigh, “I will tell Professor McGonagall about this, I know she would do something about it, alright.” I told her and she nodded before I hugged her and felt her hug back before hearing another knock on the door and I went to see who it was and saw that it was Harry and I let him inside, “Edeline told me what happened. Are you alright?” I asked him and he nodded, “yeah, I’ll be fine.” he said to me, “you know Sirius would want to know about all of this, you should write to him soon about it.” I said to Harry, “I will.” he said and the three of us continued to talk before they mentioned Hagrid, “do you know where Hagrid went?” Harry asked, “to be honest, I can’t tell either of you but all I can say is that it has something to do with Giants.” I told him, “Giants?” Edeline questioned, “Shush, nobody knows about any of this besides the Order, not even the Ministry knows and I’d like to keep it that way.” I told them and they both nodded before I made sure that they made it back to their Common Room for the night and as I was making my way back to my room, I managed to bump into Professor Umbridge, “ah, you must be Edeline’s daughter, I’ve been meaning to tell you that she and your nephew Harry had detention with me today.” she told me, “I’ve been made aware.” I told her as she smirked at me, “well, then I should tell you why. They both continued to mention that the Dark Lord has returned. But we all know that is a lie.” she said to me, “I see, well, I’ve already talked with both of them about it, but I guess we will see who is right in the end, Professor.” I said to her before walking away, leaving here standing there before I eventually made it back to my room and let out a sigh before 

Remus’s P.O.V
It was already getting dark out and I was sitting in the living room reading a book during my free time before I saw Rosalie’s Owl fly through the window and I furrowed my brows as I went to grab the letter and saw that it was from Rosalie and I soon began to read it.

Dear Remus, 

I have decided to write to you because people here continue to believe the Minister’s lies about the Dark Lord and I fear that if we don’t do something soon, he might come to show himself sooner than we think. I also wanted to let you know that both Harry and Edeline had gotten into an argument with Seamus Finnigan and the thing we’ve been keeping from Edeline had shown itself that very night, I also told her about it considering she deserved to know and didn’t want to leave her scared and confused about it. I hope that you are doing well my love and let me know when you need to have more Wolfsbane Potion made. I love you more than anything my darling and see you soon.

Your loving wife,

Rosalie.

After reading the letter from Rosalie, I set it on the table and thought about what she had told me before I punched the wall as I hoped that Edeline wouldn’t find out about the kind of power she had but I know Rosalie had done the right thing considering what had happened and all that I can hope for now is that we do, do something sooner rather than later knowing that Voldemort was getting stronger by the minute and the others know this to. Throughout most of the night, I thought about was Rosalie and Edeline as I had grown worried about them as I managed to feed the Owl and decided to write to Rosalie the next morning and when that happened, I managed to write back to her about what I knew so far from the Order before sending it off with her Owl before doing a few things around the house and had decided to get a few things for the house as well.