Taiga Akatora

Kanji: 赤虎 太牙

Romanji:Akatora Taiga

Race:Human

Gender:Male

Age:36

Height: 6'3"(190cm)

Weight:205lbs(93kg)

Birthdate:June 20th

Hair:Brown

Eye:Orange

Affiliation:Demon Slayer Corps

Relatives:Sakon Kitaoji(Husband)

Occupation:
Demon Slayer
Fire Hashira

Taiga Akatora(赤虎 太牙 Akatora Taiga) is a main character in Demon Slayer:New Generation. He's a part of the new Demon Slayer Corps with him being the current Fire Hashira.

Appearance

Taiga has an extremely toned and muscular build for his age, possessing large, defined muscles most notably over his stomach and arms. His hair is brown tied into ponytail with a white band, his cheeks as stripes on it reminiscing of tiger stripes.

He wears the standard demon slayer uniform with an orange haori with an intricate painting of the tiger with flames surrounding it in the back.

Personality

Taiga is greatly enthusiastic in regard to his duties as a Hashira, and often came across as cheerfully eccentric. He was amiable, pure of heart, and boasted extraordinary technique and swordsmanship stemming from strict practice and discipline. He was an honorable warrior who adhered to his code of morals and principles that was instilled into him by his mother at a young age—the most significant being his belief that those who were born strong have a duty to protect the weak.

Overall Abilities: As a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Taiga is a very powerful and skilled combatant. Before he became a Hashira, Taiga was already shown to be an amazing fighter.

Extrasensory Perception: Taiga has incredibly honed senses, such as when he was able to sense and perceive Akaza's immense presence and demon aura which he uses to discern that he was an Upper Rank. Taiga was also capable of sensing demonic presences faster and more accurately. This ability also allowed him to precisely gauge the regenerative abilities and weaknesses of most demons, like Enmu. Taiga was also able to perceive Tanjiro's injuries and torn blood vessel accurately, which allowed him to teach him how to plug up that wound and prevent him from dying of blood loss. Furthermore, he was able to detect malice in Enmu's spells and prevented himself from getting incapacitated through detecting the malice of his spell.

Immense Speed & Reflexes: As a Hashira, TaigA possesses tremendous speed and reflexes that even a trained and gifted Demon Slayer couldn't perceive or register. Taiga could even cause tremors to the ground and nearly launching a train off its tracks by running at such high speeds. Moreover, Taiga could easily move at speeds much faster than the eye can see, decapitating demons before they can even react.

Immense Stamina & Endurance: Taiga displayed superhuman stamina and endurance during his battles over the years . In his younger years Taiga ruptured his eardrums, yet didn't flinch in the slightest, ignoring the pain and continuing to fight and win. In another time, he suffered dozens of severe wounds and injuries from gunshots and explosions coming from the former Lower Rank Star, Hairo, but continued to stall enough time for all the bombs he planted to be disarmed without showing any signs of pain or fatigue.

Immense Strength: As a Hashira who spent years perfecting his physical prowess, Taiga possesses amazing physical strength, being capable of swinging his katana at speeds faster than the eye can see incessantly with terrifying accuracy while engaging in combat and even send the enemy flying an astonishing distance into a forest with a single blade swing.

Indomitable Will: Taiga had an undaunted spirit and indomitable willpower, which even impressed the enemy. Ever since he was a child, he had inculcated indomitable will and passion in himself due to his promise to his late mother.

Fighting Style

Master Swordsman: As he was a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Taiga is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsmen in the entire organization. Additionally, Taiga is part of the a family which has an impressive lineage of powerful swordsmen and Fire Hashira, giving Taiga an edge in developing and polishing his swordsmanship. His extraordinary swordsmanship skill has been displayed on multiple occasions across the years.

Breathing Style

Fire Breathing: The Fire Breathing (焱ほのおの呼こ吸きゅう, Honō no kokyū) is a Breathing Style directly derived Flame Breathing. The Breathing combat and breathing style mimics flames, specifically their powerful heat and scorch, and replicates it with the user's movements, techniques and abilities. Most, if not all, known techniques and forms involve extremely powerful singular strikes and movements that are so intense, it 'burns' the opponents. When utilized properly, the user visualizes themselves manipulating and generating fire in a deep shade of orange and red, causing flames to seemingly emanate from their weapon, surroundings or themselves.

First Form: Unknowing Fire (壹いちノ型かた 不知火しらぬい, Ichi no kata: Shiranui) - Taiga charges towards his opponent at high speed and decapitates them in one or multiple slashes

Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun (貳にノ型かた 旭のぼり焱えん天てん, Ni no kata: Nobori En Ten?) - Taiga uses an upwards moving slash attack.

Third Form: Blazing Universe (參さんノ型かた 氣き焱えん萬ばい象しょう, San no kata: Kien Banjō) - Taiga delivers a heavy downward slash.

Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation (肆しノ型かた 盛せい焱えんのうねり, Shi no kata: Sei en no uneri) - Taiga spins his sword in a circular motion, deflecting his enemies attacks.

Fifth Form: Flame Tiger (伍ごノ型かた 焱えん虎こ, Go no kata: Enko) - A series of sword slashes that take on the form of a tiger.

Sixth Form: Fire that Pierces the Sky (陸ろくノ型かた 虚そらを衝つらぬく火ひ, Roku no kata: Sora o Tsuranuku Hi) - Taiga bends down slightly and jumps, turning his sword in an upward motion he performs a devastating upward attack that can reach the sky.

Seventh Form: Blaze Release (漆しちノ型かた 火か焱えん解かい放ほう, Shichi no kata: Kaen Kaihō) - A swift blitz forward at quick speeds that is followed into a high powered downward diagonal slash into either side of the target which lodges the sword in them. The sword then slashes to the side horizontally to fling the enemy away, releasing them from the blade.

Eighth Form: Underworld Eruption (捌はちノ型かた 黄泉よみ噴ふん火か, Hachi no kata: Yomifunka) - Taiga slashes his blade in a down slice then while the slice is happening crouches down so that once the slice ends they slash sideways cutting off their opponents legs.

Ninth Form: Rengoku (玖くノ型かた 煉れん獄ごく, Ku no kata: Rengoku) - A devastating dashing slash initiated from a high stance. The technique carves a deep impression in the ground.