ii. stalker alert!

OF MYSTICS AND MAGIC
ii. STALKER ALERT!
I KNOW MEN LIKE YOU.

SHE WAS BEING FOLLOWED

SHE WAS BEING FOLLOWED. It would be a chilling revelation to most, but Aerwyn couldn't care less. She had sensed the shift in energy from the moment she stepped out of her rundown New York apartment and it followed after her as she moved down the busy street. But, Aerwyn was not worried. She was one of the strongest beings in the known universe ━━ or, at least she liked to believe she was ━━ and she was prepared to rip out anyone's spine. However, with one glance behind, she noticed the man from the day before. He wore a similar outfit to the one as yesterday, but the colors were shades of plum and gray. Someone had a fashion sense, Aerwyn found herself thinking.

Aerwyn wondered if she should confront him right away or play the oblivious role and drag him through the mud later. Both options seemed entertaining to her. She had many human admirers before. Her charm spells would work a little too well, but she always chased them away. Though, she didn't recall using any charm spells yesterday. Yes, she had thrown enchanted dust into the air, but it was to make the people more lenient to give her their money ━━ not their hearts.

She wasn't sure what she wanted to do that day, but she knew she didn't want to spend it holed up in her small apartment. The streets were crowded, meaning Aerwyn could get a decent amount of money for her 'magic' act. But, she decided against it as she entered a coffee shop. The overwhelming scent of coffee beans and espresso filled the woman's nose, making her smile as she stood in line behind two others. With a glance back, she had noticed that the man had entered the coffee shop as well. He pretended to be interested in a couple of mugs that were on display. It made a small chuckle leave the woman's lips as she turned back toward the menu. Though, she didn't need to look at it. She had been to the shop before and she knew what she liked.

Aerwyn ordered her drink and a small pastry to go with it, taking a seat in a corner booth. She watched the man, being more discreet than he was. He had ordered something as well, tossing a five-dollar bill at the barista. A bit rude, Aerwyn judged as she noticed the annoyance written on the barista's face. She took a sip of her drink, starting to wonder what the man wanted. If he wanted to go on a date, he would have come up to her and asked her out. Unless, he was shy then it made sense why he was still watching her from acrossing the shop.

After she was done, Aerwyn left the coffee shop. And surely, the man had followed close behind. With a wave of her hand, she sent a small spell in his direction. It wouldn't cause him harm, but it would cause him enough confusion to forget why he was following her in the first place. It would be enough to get him to leave her alone.

She had made the split decision to go down to the park, deciding it would be a good use of her time since she had nothing else to do. Aerwyn hummed softly to herself, watching the people that walked past her with some interest. She liked to see what ordinary humans liked to do with their time. Eventually, the woman came across a bench and took a seat. She reached into her bag, pulling out the book she had been reading that week. Aerwyn enjoyed reading, loving the feeling of being transported to another world from words on a page. Yet, she had gotten about ten words in when she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stick up. Someone was watching.