๑༄ ‧₊˚𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟽

Titanic, April 13th, 1912

GWEN

𝕴t was a new day, and Gwen Caldwell Witherington felt like she was experiencing the sun for the first time in her life as she walked with purpose down the deck to Third Class.

She unlatched the gate, and the steerage men on the deck stop what they're doing and stare at her. She winked at them as she headed towards her destination.

The Third Class Common Room was the social center of steerage life. It was stark by comparison to the opulence of First Class, but was a loud and boisterous place.

There were mothers with babies, children running and playing between the benches, yelling in several languages and being scolded in several more.

The old women yelled, the men played chess, and the girls did needlepoint and read dime novels.

Amidst this bustle of steerage life, Five was rapidly writing on a book, and jack playing with a five year old girl named Cora, drawing funny faces in his sketchbook as a trio of young boys caused a ruckus around them.

As Five thought of the troubled First Class girl from the night before, Fabrizio was seeming to have girl troubles of his own as he tried to carry on a conversation with an attractive blonde Norwegian girl named Helga Dahl, who as it turned out, didn't speak a word of English.

Jack chuckled to himself at Fabrizio's animated attempts at communication with the increasingly incredulous Helga, as did their friend Tommy, who was fiddling around with the common room's piano.

Suddenly, Helga's eye was caught by something. Fabrizio looked and did a double take, his jaw dropping. Five, curious, looked up from playing with Cora to follow their gaze.