Sakura Haruno

Sakura was surprised and happy when she found out that she was better than Naruto and Sasuke at something. She knows that while she may have had the top scores in the Academy, intelligence wise, it wasn't so relevant in the field. So when she found out she had better chakra control than the both of them, it made her feel a bit smug. She couldn't be more smug that she finished the exercise with ease because she was sure Sasuke wouldn't be too far behind her, after all it is Sasuke freaking Uchiha. He was good at everything including being good looking. Naruto, however... he didn't even know what Chakra is, for Kami sake, so she helped out a bit when he asked her.

Sakura couldn't discredit Naruto though, he was skillful in his own right. Although his intellect was... questionable, Naruto's battle strategy was shocking. He formulated the plan to save Kakashi when they first fought Zabuza. He was also nice, sometimes adorable. Now, if only he'd stopped his antics, but that would be like asking a tree to stop being a tree. Sakura regretfully admits that his pranking and stunts had greatly improved his fighting ability. Naruto could actually keep up with Sasuke with taijutsu and ninjutsu, and that was way more than she could do.

Yes, Sakura has noticed she was lacking in everything Shinobi related. Ninjutsu and Taijutsu was taught at the academy and she had placed in the middle of her peers when she did her evaluations; in short, she did average. She was told that for a civilian born student she placed at the top of their section and for some stupid reason she was complacent. Now, all she had was her brain and, apparently, chakra control going for her.

She didn't even know how to use it. Sakura bets that if she and Ino-pig would fight right now Sakura would lose. Ino-pig has a clan behind her, but that's no excuse, especially when they specialize in torture and interrogation. Naruto has no parents and Sasuke lost his whole clan, but they both have accelerated. Sakura's parents may not have been Shinobi, but they do have connections in Konoha and Suna, pretty much all merchants do.

Sakura shook her head to dismiss her thoughts and got back to the matter at hand, guarding Tazuna. Kakashi was still recovering and teaching the other members of the team. So far Sakura was just watching the bridge builder work with the other men. The bridge was about 85% done and wouldn't take more than another four days to complete.

Kakashi had already told them that Momochi wasn't dead and that he would be coming back soon along with his partner. Her sensei assured that the missing kiri-nin would need some time for recovery and that she shouldn't worry. Sakura just hoped soon wasn't right this instant.

Sure, Sakura could flash her Chakra in a SOS signal to Kakashi, as he taught her, but Sakura wouldn't stand against the Demon if the Mist for even a minute before getting cut down. Even that was an overstatement.

Sakura shook her head, not wanting to think about all the horrible situations that could happen. For the rest of the time watching over Tazuna she just thought about all the possible abilities she could have with her impressive chakra control.

After getting back to the house at night, Tsunami was cooking dinner. She notice that Inari was looking at a picture of his family. There was a man that they hadn't seen yet. She wondered if that was Inari's father or something. So, Sakura asked him about the man in the picture, curious about who that man was. Inari said that the man was his deceased father, and then began to berate said father for trying to stand up to Gato. Sakura could only think of her family with a slight grimace.

Sakura was very fortunate that she had both her parents, unlike the boys in her team. Kakashi didn't talk about himself much but she did her research on him, well, as much as she could. He had no parents like the other two boys. What's stupid about he whole situation was that Sakura told Sasuke that Naruto didn't know better because he didn't have parents to teach him right from wrong. At first she was too narrow minded and her mouth just wouldn't shut up. She talked badly about being an Orphan to an Orphan, and she didn't realize it until that night.