Crucial Moment.

— Are you… are you kidding me?

Shigeru's quiet but rough voice resounded throughout the room like thunder.  He couldn't believe this was really happening.  After sixteen long years, fate decided to turn around and spit in his face like this?

— Shigeru.. I know that this is not very pleasant, but you must understand me!

Understand?  What the hell is he supposed to understand?  That his mother is a traitor, who spread her legs in front of another man without shame or conscience?  Baby.. they will have a baby..

He shifted his gaze to his father, standing by the window, who could hardly contain his aggression.  Clearly something had happened between them before he arrived.  It must have hit him so hard.. They adopted Shigeru because he couldn't have a baby, and then the wife got pregnant from another man, sixteen years later. It's just a mess.

As they say, one is better than the other. Both of them are very strange people. They do not love each other, no, his parents are not together out of love, his father has his own reasons why he's so angry because of this situation. What will happen if people find out that she had found herself a man on the side?  And that he allowed that?  What will happen to their family reputation?

— I don’t understand.. I honestly don’t understand how you thought that I could accept something LIKE THAT? No seriously! You literally got rid of me to do THIS! You hide me from prying eyes so that I would not "spoil" the family, and now, everyone will know, that the mother is the one who spoils this family, because she's a whor-

— SHIGERU!

Mr. Yahaba finally deigned to turn in his direction with his familiar menacing look.  Shigeru immediately shut his mouth, realizing that now he was walking on thin ice, but sooner or later, that really had to come up in a conversation.

— We didn’t get rid of you, you know that very well! Many teenagers would like to be in your place!  You should be grateful for everything we have given you!

— Ah, right!  Thank you for the house literally on the other side of the city, away from you, so that the neighbors do not find out that your dear and only son is gay and the garbage of society!  Thank you!  Maybe the second one will be lucky one, huh?  At least he's half yours.

They looked at each other for a long, long time as the atmosphere grew heavier around them.  Shigeru's mother just sighed sadly and poured herself some wine, pulling the bottle forward towards Shigeru.

— We will say that the child is his .. no one will know about this romance, and I broke off relations with that man, he considers that the child is of your father's. Relax.. we will find a way out of this situation.

Glancing first at his mother and then at the bottle, Shigeru smiled bitterly as he poured himself a glass of wine.

— Yes… Keeping secrets from the whole society and appearing perfect, I think our family can do that.

He whispered, raising his glass to his lips and taking a sip.

****

Kentaro was on the couch, with Yahaba's head in his lap. leaning against the back of the couch, He was asleep, and for once he looked less like a rabid dog and more like a happy puppy. It was the perfect time for Yahaba to start the 'never existed' prank.