Chapter 43 August

I smiled down at my mate, running my hands softly over her skin as she enjoyed the sensation of the mate bond. It felt so good to know that she finally felt what I had been feeling for so long.

"My love for you made it easy to do whatever I needed to do to make you happy." I answered her questions, nuzzling my face in her hair and breathing in her sweet scent. My nose grazed my mark on her neck and she winced,

"Yeah, it'll be a little sore for a while. Maybe longer with your human genes." I whispered, gently kissing around the mark, trying to ease her pain.

"Do you regret it?" I asked her quietly, dreading the answer. Josie grabbed my face and brought my eyes to her.

"Never." She said strongly as the water from the shower dripped off her eyelashes. She pushed me against the shower wall and kissed me with more passion than I had ever felt before. The mate bond was working better than I had thought it would. I wasn't sure what to expect with her being part human, but I was not disappointed with the results as she pressed her body against mine.

Once we were finished, Josie shut off the water and stepped out of the shower. She was definitely much bolder than she was before, the mate bond giving her confidence through me. She walked out of the bathroom and slipped into her comfy clothes. She had officially moved into the packhouse a few weeks ago, bringing all her clothes and belongings with her. The cabin she grew up in stood empty after Jared went back home to his mate.

"I guess now I can officially agree to the Luna ceremony." Josie smirked from her spot on the corner of the bed. I walked across the room and crouched down in front of her,

"Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded,

"Definitely. But I don't want it to be anything too fancy." She requested.

"Anything you want, baby." I would hand her the world if she asked for it. She reached out and stroked my marking spot with her fingertip,

"I want you to be marked too." She pouted. I cupped her face in my hands,

"It's okay, love, I'm yours no matter what." I tried to assure her.

"Arlo said that maybe I would get my wolf once you marked me." She admitted shly. I cursed at Arlo for giving her that hope. It was exceedingly rare for a human to get a wolf after being marked, even one with wolf genes.

"It doesn't matter, Josie, we love you exactly how you are. If it really bothers you, I can get a tattoo of your mark on my neck. I already feel the bond, so it would just be decoration at this point anyway." I shrugged, trying to show her that I was okay. She nodded but I could tell she was still disappointed.

"Why don't I get Kasey and you two can plan the Luna ceremony together?" I tried to distract her with something I thought she might enjoy.

Kasey and Josie had become very close both at work and at the packhouse. They made a great pair and it made me happy to see her enjoying her time here with new friends.

"I would like that." Josie's face lit up and I could feel her excitement. I mindlinked Hayden and asked him to send Kasey up to our suite.

"She's on her way." I told Josie, kissing her lips one more time before opening the door in anticipation of Kasey's arrival.

"Do you have any requests?" Josie asked me sweetly, standing up from the bed. I adored how she wanted my input on everything.

"It's your ceremony, love."

"Yeah, but you're the Alpha." I sighed and walked over to her, grabbing her hip,

"Well, you do look ravishing in green." I said with a growl in my voice, offering her a bit of a suggestion. She grinned at that,