Four: A Chance Meeting

Snape's Pov...

He had no idea why he bothered to come to this upscale muggle bar to begin with; this wasn't for him. He belonged in Knockturn Alley in some seedy dive, and frequenting the brothels. But Lucius Malfoy assured him that good women, muggle and witch frequented the place, and that they were classy ladies all in all, although you did occasionally get a gold digger or two.

"Thanks," He had grumbled, "That makes me feel loads better."

"Just go, and relax, Severus," The handsome blonde wizard assured him. "I'm certain that you will have a good time."

"Fine. But you better be right about this," Snape said, and apparated to the location Lucius told him about.

The bar was classy, and very upscale, as Lucius Malfoy promised and done in shades of red and cherry oak paneling on the walls. He wore his best black suit, and strolled up to the bar where he noticed a pair of sexy long legs that were crossed at the knee and belonged to a woman with long wavy brunette hair. She had on a short red dress and was flirting with the blonde wizard that worked the bar.

The scent of Jasmine hit his nostrils as the bartender strolled over to him. "What'll be tonight, sir?"

"Fire--Mojito," Snape corrected himself. He knew that the wizard knew what firewhisky was, but he decided to play it safe, since this was technically a muggle bar.

"That'll be 5 pounds," The bar tender said, but the woman in red turned her face to look at Snape, and he thought his eyes deceived him for a second as he took in Hermione Granger's very adult figure and face. She was beautiful, he had to admit.

"Put it on my tab, George," Hermione said, sweetly.

George, the blonde bartender grinned, and said, "You got it, sweet cheeks."

Hermione turned to face him, and looked him up and down. "So, what's a wizard like you doing ordering such a summery drink for?"

Snape grinned. "A change of pace was required."

"Ah, " She nodded. "I love the cosmos here myself. George here is excellent at mixed drinks."

He didn't know why, but he felt an absurd stab of jealousy in the way the other wizard flirted with her. Oh for god's sakes! She is an adult and can shag or snog anyone she likes. It's none of your damn business!

"Oh, I'm sure," He said, now feeling awkward for even staring at her nicely shaped thighs.

He turned to go, but Hermione put out a hand, and said, pleadingly, "Listen, I don't really want to be alone tonight, and I think you don't either. But you're just too out of the game to admit it, right?"

Say no! You're just going to do something you will regret in the morning. He turned to face her, and flashed her a smile. He had on a glamour that hid his real features, but they would fade in the morning. "Yes, I'm quite out of practice. How about you, Miss?"

"Granger. Hermione Granger," She introduced herself, holding out her hand. Her nails were salon perfect French pink and whites, he noticed.

"Sebastian Prince," He said, deciding it was safe to use his middle name and mother's maiden name, instead of his own, since the wizarding world believed he was still dead.

Hermione shook his hand, and he kissed the top of her hand. Her amber eyes widened at the gesture, and she blushed. "I thought as much."

"I beg your pardon?" He dropped her hand.

"Your eye color," Hermione clarified, "Not too many pureblood wizarding families have black eyes. I had a teacher with eyes like yours," Her voice cracked with sadness, as she took another sip of her martini. "He...he..he's dead now. But I...I loved him. I only told him the one time as he lay dying, and I kissed him. I would like to think that he heard me, and didn't think I was being a silly school girl who harbored a crush for years, and was only bold enough to act on it as he was dying for god's sake."

She shook her head, and drained her glass. "George, another. But it doesn't matter now, he's dead, and all I want to do is move on with my life."

Snape was stunned by her confession. He had never encountered such a thing before, a witch liking him, just for him. A drink appeared in his hand, and before he knew what was happening, both of them were getting sloshed.

Then he had taken her back to Spinners End of all places, and as soon as the entered the front door, he had his former student pinned up against the wall, and kissing her as if he hadn't had a woman in years.

"Take me upstairs," Hermione said raggedly against his mouth. Clothes and the sound of sloppy kisses filled the empty mansion as he burst into his bedroom, and began thrusting fast and deep between his former students' legs.

Their lovemaking was erratic and rough, and several times they said they loved each other in the heat of passion. Finally, they passed out in each other's arms after they reached their separate climax's and for once, neither of them had bad dreams about their pasts. For once, their inner demons were silenced...