About the Barn

Butterfly Acres is located in Pinal County Arizona. It is a small ten stall barn that has been family owned and is home to some of the best local cattle used for roping competitions. Recently it has turned into a boarding facility to help make ends meet.

The ranch has been in the Holdaway family for 4 generations. Sol Holdaway is the main runner of the ranch these days even though his grandparents Walter and Andromeda still have the land deed. Walter still loves petting all the horses and cows even though he doesn't do the ranch work in his old age. Andi paints the stars she used to help map for NASA back in the day and she enjoys sharing the painting craft with her great-granddaughter Equulei.

Sol is loving life following in his grandfather's footsteps even though his mom and uncles and aunts didn't want to follow the family's tradition. He loves raising and roping the Corriente cattle from the same line his great grandfather started. He loves his daughter Equulei even more and loves how much she is blooming into an equestrian.

Recently Sol has opened the barn up to boarding since the need to house so many horses has diminished after selling the extending acres and reducing the cattle production. He focuses on just the younger roping cattle and has a program with the couple he sold the land to for them to raise the cattle to be steer wrestlers after they have outgrown the roping size. He has found a lot of new opportunities in opening the barn and little Lei seems to enjoy it the most with more horses and activities around.

Butterfly Acres is entering a new era now, one focused more on horses instead of cattle and it's new and exciting. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

About the ranch:
> Onsite ranch house with fenced yard and pool
> large covered parking for ranch vehicles
> separate barn for hay storage
> large roping arena
> sealed main parking areas and packed dirt/pebbles pathways.

> 3 smaller front pastures for turn out (has sun shades)
> 2 large pastures for cattle rotations with shade shelters
> 2 large round pens (one covered with a sun tarp)
> A sun tarp covered hotwalker

About the barn:
> open air for adequate airflow in the desert
> 10 stalls with attached runs
> enclosed tack and feed rooms with temperature control
> large overhangs for places to tack up / wash
> large solar panels

Butterfly Acres has wild flowers everywhere in its property lines and in the spring and summer it becomes butterfly central.

Link to art on deviantART ->https://www.deviantart.com/kyraltre3/art/Butterfly-Acres-Stable-Maps-920968943