Chapter 16

I find Punz in the garden, chucking a ball about on his own. It's dark outside and there's a chill in the air. I still have no idea what time it is but the cold wind kisses at my exposed skin as goosebumps prickle to the surface.

I shift my weight to my side so that I'm now leaning against the large conservatory glass door that leads out to the garden, watching Punz as he reverts to his childhood self, a youthful grin on his face.

He throws the ball up as high as he can, so high that it threatens to knock a star out of the sky, then watches as it comes hurtling down and lands right in his arms. Impressive.

"Didn't know you were good at real games, too," I say, startling him so that he drops the ball, "I thought it was just video games and mind games you excelled at."

"So you think I'm good at video games?" He replies, with a devilish grin.

"If I didn't already know how arrogant you are, I would've been shocked that that's all you took from what I just said." He takes a step towards me but I remain shoulder to shoulder with the wall.

"Ah, so now I'm arrogant too, am I?" The lack of natural light casts a shadow on his face that contorts his features to reveal a more wanton look, like a real life Jekyll and Hyde. If the past couple of days have taught me anything, it's that we all have a side to us that we keep secret from everyone else, but that some people's Hyde is more dangerous than others.

He takes more steps towards me, covering the long distance quickly with his lengthy stride.

Seeing Punz standing before me here again, I am reminded of that night a few days ago. When he stood, towering above me, hair ruffled from the wind, on a night not too dissimilar to tonight. He picked me up with ease and flung me over his shoulder like I weighed nothing, so concerned that I was in danger or had been hurt. I was so angry at Karl for acting like such a child and saying such horrible things to me and then there he was, stood in the doorway like my knight in shining armour.

Except this isn't a fairytale, and he wasn't coming to save me because he genuinely cared for me. No, he drove all that way because he believed a rule in the game had been broken. He was there to stake his claim at me.

"Yes, all the most foolish people are," I deliver the retort with a delicate smile.

Playing with the pendant that hangs from a chain round my neck, I tug at it so that it traces the curves of my plump breasts before bringing it up to my mouth and slotting it between my lips to suck on it absentmindedly, all the while holding eye contact with Punz.

He doesn't meet my gaze. Instead, he watches the pendant's route, entranced by it like a dog with a bone, wishing that he could follow its path with his tongue. He shifts to subtly tuck his hard dick under his boxer waste-band, but not subtle enough that I don't notice the admission that my very presence turns him on.

Now's my chance.

"Come here," I say, beckoning him with my finger whilst painting a look of innocence onto my face.

Punz takes another step towards me, boxing me into the wall with his right arm above my shoulder and his left taking place on my hip. My heart suddenly flutters at the connection and my mind flashes back to how much I wanted him to explore my body that night. When his hand dipped down from the small of my back to the space between my thighs that throbbed with its own heart beat. But that was then, and this is now. And now, I have other motives on my mind.

"Closer," I whisper to the boy completely beguiled into following my commands.

We're now so close that his knee is positioned between my legs, and my back is pressed so firmly to the wall that it almost hurts. I reach up for Punz's shirt with one hand, tugging at it so that he bends down, his face now level with my own.

The hand that once rested on my hip now snakes down to my front, toying with the hem of my skirt. I do nothing but look up into his eyes, hoping to look sexy and in control. In reality, I'm drowning in nerves, but I won't let him see that.

My aim was to get him riled up, like I got Dream, then leave him hanging at the last second, but it seams like I'm suddenly out of my depth. Half of me is screaming to run, push away the hand that traps me against the wall, and the other half of me is begging to be touched in a way that I've not been touched in a long, long time.

Whilst I know this isn't exactly the plan, it can't hurt to create a little friendly competition between the boys, stir up a little jealousy?

And God knows I've always been bad at making the right decision.