Chapter 1

The University of Republic City.

Aang couldn't believe that he was finally there. After spending two years at the Laghima community college, he transferred to URC. The fall semester begun and so began a new chapter in his life.

Walking through the campus, Aang couldn't help but gawk at the huge buildings in the area.

Wow! I can't believe how pristine everything looks here. I wonder what kind of clubs they offer here. And there is so many students here. Can't wait to make new friends here.

After taking his personal tour around the university campus, Aang went off to the bookstore and bought the required textbooks for his courses. He groaned heavily when he saw the total price for his materials. He contemplated over it as he stepped out of the store and placed his books in his backpack.

Can't believe I had to pay over three hundred dollars for four textbooks. Bumi was right. The education system can be a financial rip off sometimes. I don't even want to think about how much I had to pay after registering for four classes.

Aang decided to head back to his apartment since he did not have a scheduled class for today. When he exited the campus, Aang waited by the bus stop. He checked the schedule on the bus stall and saw that it would only be five minutes until the next bus arrived. He leaned his back against the bus stall and passed the time by taking in his surroundings. When he pulled out his smartphone for notifications, a loud noise rang over the street.

SCRRREEEEEECH!

Aang looked to his right and saw a massive truck going way beyond the speed limit. What caught his eye was the woman with long dark braid and hair loopies walking across the street, not noticing the incoming vehicle. Her eyes glued to her feet. Aang, did not think twice about what to do. He dropped his backpack to the sidewalk and dashed towards her.

"WATCH OUT!" Aang yelled. He leaped at the woman. She finally looked up as he crashed into her and moved them both out of the way of the truck as it zoomed past them and rammed into a nearby light pole.

Aang and the woman rolled on the asphalt. He made sure to take most of the damage from the fall as he held the woman close in his arms. He finally rolled on to his back with her on top of him.

He raised his head up and loosened his grip on her, allowing her to rise over him on her knees and hands. He opened his eyes and got a good look at her. Blue eyes met with his storm grey eyes. For a moment, neither of them said a word and only gazed the other until Aang remembered how they ended up on the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"You saved me..." The woman said as she leaned back.

"No biggie", Aang grinned. He pulled his arms off her and winced as he felt a sharp jolt on his right elbow. He raised it up to see a bleeding scrape mixed with the dirt from the asphalt.

"Spirits you're hurt!" The woman cried out as she stood up and reached for her shoulder bag. Aang leaned up and sat on the edge of the sidewalk as she pulled out a roll of white bandage wraps and a disinfectant spray.

"You're certainly prepared", Aang chuckled.

"In the URC medical program, I have to be", she smiled, "I'm Katara by the way."

Aang returned the smile, "Nice to meet you. I'm Aang."

"Let me just spray this disinfectant on your arm. Can't have you getting any bacteria after a scrape like that from the road. FYI this might sting", Katara said and sprayed. Aang winced again as he felt the disinfectant on his wound.