Chapter 1 - The meeting.

She slowly roamed the forest, she wasn't picky about what she was hunting. As long as it was flesh, she didn't care.  It was hard to explain but sometimes, it just seemed like a natural thing. She was not picky so that's where her focus lay when she came across someone. This person seemed different though, in fact, the only difference was how they looked. They were all dressed in black, from head to toe they had a hood covering their face. They appeared to be a young man with dark hair and dark skin, his body was covered in tattoos and he seemed to have a strange obsession with knives. He wore black clothing that looked like something you'd see if you were looking at a horror movie.
When the stranger saw her standing there he didn't seem afraid of her. Instead of running away he walked right up to her and stood there staring her straight in the eyes.
"Are you going to kill me?" The stranger asked, in a deep raspy voice.
"Kill you?" The vampire questioned, "Why would I do that."
"I know who you are," he said, "and what you are"
"You do?" The vampire raised an eyebrow, "And why is that?"
"I have seen you before," he stated, "in my dreams or something"
The vampire cocked her head, "Dreams? What sort of dreams?"
He chuckled slightly, "Strange dreams..."
"What sort of strange dreams?" the vampire pressed him, growing impatient
"There was this girl and she was beautiful... And then everything went white and I awoke in the middle of nowhere"
It took a minute for the vampire to get it but when she did she began laughing. She couldn't hold back anymore.
"Oh my god," the vampire laughed. This guy must be serious, she thought.
"Is there something funny about that?" the stranger demanded
"Well yes," the vampire wiped a tear off her cheek, "you've never met someone before in your life and now you dream of them"
The stranger stared at her, his mouth hanging open for a second as though trying to form words.
"I suppose you're right..." He finally managed to say.
"Of course I am, isn't that just perfect." The vampire chuckled once again. She was done playing nice but she also knew she had to stay in this person's good graces if she wanted something from him. So, after a couple of minutes of silence, the vampire decided to strike up a conversation.
"So, what's your name, handsome?"
The stranger stared back at her but did not respond.
"Come on, tell me your name"
"My name is Johnathan"
"Johnathan," the vampire repeated, testing out the name on her tongue, "that's a.. cutename"
"Thank you," Johnathan replied, "but I prefer to go by John"
"Well, Johnathan," the vampire said sarcastically, "what brings you out here?"
"Nothing" the man shrugged, "I was walking around and happened upon you"
The vampire sighed, "well, thank you for that wonderful coincidence"
"Are you going to kill me?" The man asked again, changing the subject
"I don' think so," the vampire replied, "at least, not yet"
Johnathan nodded his head as if considering it, "good, because I like the company"
The vampire smirked, "why thank you Johnathan"
Johnathan gave a slight shrug, his hands finding themselves in the pockets of his coat, "are you going to kill me then?"
The vampire shook her head, "not today, at least I'm not supposed to kill you tonight"
The man tilted his head, "why not?"
"Because I need something from you"
Johnathan raised an eyebrow, obviously interested, "something from me?"
"Yeah, I need your help"
The man stared at her with wide eyes, clearly surprised by her answer. "Help?"
"Yeah," the vampire smiled, taking the last few steps forward until she was just a few feet away from him, "help with some things I can't do myself"
Johnathan continued to stare at her, unsure of what to make of this woman in front of him, "and who exactly do you need assistance with?"
"Someone named Klaus"
"Klaus?" the man echoed.
"Yes, Klaus," the vampire nodded, "it' s important"
"What's Klaus to you?" Johnathan questioned suspiciously.
The vampire gave another sly smile, "just something to worry about later, okay? We have more pressing issues that concern us right now"
The man stared at the vampire for a moment longer before nodding.
"Good" the vampire gave him one last smirk and then turned around and walked off into the darkness.