𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

THE TOURNAMENT WAS IN full swing. It was crowded, many Galmians had gathered to bear witness to what was only one of the biggest festivities on their Island. This year there were common folk and knights alike everywhere, showing off their chivalrous qualities to win both riches and glory.

Tents were strewn across the area, the rainbow of colours a pleasant sight to the eye of onlookers and a comfort to the ones that lost their way quite easily amongst the clusters of people and ground to cover.

The tent of the two Archenlanders was a pretty shade of pastel blue, decorated with darker shapes and but a few feet away from the tournament grounds. So were the bright red and yellow ones that belonged to the Narnians present. The colours formed quite the contrast, and so did their current scores.

The first rounds had proven to be quite the spectacle. With the starting of the tournament, and with that the exchanging of handkerchiefs and roses—gestures Muriel had never understood but now grown to dislike, the lively atmosphere had only picked up from there. The crowds that gathered around the jousting, swordfighting and archery competitions were jovial, chanting names and cheering on contestants as they rode into each other or took their concentrated aims.

As encouraging as her spectators proved to be, Muriel had found herself royally failing her first round.

She blamed her performance solely on the fact that Caspian, who won his first round, had been watching. She was upset, and thus the little skill she had with bow and arrow were only worsened with each shot from her opponents. She had hit the target, which was an improvement, but there were others who hit bullseye several times in a row. Muriel's first round was a bust, which only irked her further. She was going to give her everything during jousting and swordfighting.

She wasn't the only one who'd had a bad first round. True to his word, Killian had fallen several times during jousting. He took it much better though, with a few bruises he had begun to get used to the spectacle that was the tournament and the thrill that came with a cheering crowd. Perhaps he had even come to enjoy it.

It was clear to him he wasn't going to win this thing, knowing Muriel and Capian were competing offered him almost a hundred percent certainty he wouldn't. But he liked being a part of it all.

Muriel however, had set her sights on winning. Usually her competitive behavior was only reservered for her brother, and not something she so openly got lost in. She found herself only being able to focus on winning, if only to get her mind of repeating the conversations and arguments between herself and Caspian over and over again.

The burning stares she felt on the back of her neck weren't helping. She knew who they were from, the attention from the two brunettes was neverending, and it only resulted in additional pressure. There was a cloud forming over her head, and it was turning darker with the second.