Chapter 18: And the Winner is...

The morning had come. I realized what day it was. And Harry also woke up in the Common Room. "Hey, Kassie." He greeted.

"Chare." I greeted back. 

"I had the strangest dream last night." Harry said. "I dreamed that I overslept and Wood had to start Neville instead." 

"Did he do good?" I asked. 

"I have no idea." Harry answered. "I'm going to say for the sake of this conversation... yes. And what was even crazier was that the next dream I had was that Slytherin had Dragons to ride instead of brooms." 

"I wish I had dreams like that." I said. 

"Do you?" Harry asked. 

"Nah. Not really." I admitted. "Well... the match hasn't happened yet." 

The grounds were still and quiet. No breath of wind disturbed the treetops on the Forbidden Forest; Whompy the Whomping Willow was motionless. Perfect Conditions for the match.

Harry, Ryan and I, along with the rest of the Lions team, entered the Great Hall the next morning to enormous applause. I was ecstatic to see it. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were also clapping. Gryffindor! Gryffindor! Gryffindor! Gryffindor!" They chanted.

The Slytherin table hissed loudly as we past, but the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws shouted at them to shut up. 

We sat down and Wood urged us to eat. I think what was on his head, was that he wanted to win just as much as we did. But now, this had turned to something bigger. It wasn't just about winning the cup anymore. Beatrice sat next to me as I was playing with my ponytail.  

"You okay, Kassie?" Beatrice asked me.

"Just nervous." I answered. "I want to win today."

"Can't say I blame you." Beatrice replied. "Penny told me tales of when your brother played Ravenclaw for the title. He was shaking like a pogo stick. It wasn't even funny. And Dad before a big game... well, he had faith that Penny and I would be his good luck charms. Which kind of explains why my sister was given the nickname: Penny. Dad's Lucky Penny."

"Did it work?" I asked.

"Dad didn't win any gold medals, but the name stuck." Beatrice answered. "That and Penny just preferred that to Penrose. 

"I wish I had a good luck charm." I said. 

"Hey, Bea?" Cedric came over. "Oh, Kassie. Good luck out there today." 

"Thanks Cedric." I thanked.

"What do you want, Ced?" Beatrice asked.

"I've been meaning to ask you something. Aren't you and your sister big fans of Quidditch?" Cedric asked.

"Sure are." Beatrice answered.

"You guys are big fans. You're passionate about the game. Why'd you never join the Quidditch Team?" Cedric asked.

"Oh, Penny tried in her 3rd Year, but she got cut after the first game. Didn't see the field. She just sat on the bench. And I guess after the whole Cursed Vaults incident... well, it just wasn't in the cards for me." Beatrice answered. 

"It's time." Wood suddenly announced. 

"I have to go." I told Beatrice. 

"Leave em in the dust, Kassie!" Beatrice yelled at me. 

We got up to go to the Changing Rooms. 

And again, everyone clapped for us.

"Good luck, Harry!" I heard Cho Chang call out, causing Harry to flush bright red.