Prolouge

Tsukasa had a dream: to become a star! He's been working hard, he even applied to be part of a Phoenix Wonderland troupe! Sadly, he never got in. That just made him work even harder to achieve his dream. He's a rather popular student, friends with everyone, everyone except this one kid. Rui Kamishiro, the weirdest kid he's ever seen. He's tried talking to Rui before, but that stupid kid keeps brushing him off in the rudest ways possible. Who can stand a guy who doesn't even want to talk to anybody? I mean, introversion is normal, but this guy is taking it too far. Introverts still have friends, but this guy is actively choosing NOT to talk to people! Tsukasa's blood would start to boil any time he caught Rui looking at him funny or rolling his eyes anytime Tsukasa said something, like damn what was this guy's problem?!

Rui wanted more than anything to just get through life without problems. Maybe find a nice wife, have some kids, live long enough to see them grow up, and then die from old age. He just wanted a normal ass life, which meant he wanted a normal high school experience. Which ALSO meant that Tsukasa being in his class was the worst fucking thing ever. Tsukasa is loud and obnoxious, thinks the world revolved around him and that he's hot shit. Well, reality check bozo, you're not special. He's such a narcissist, Rui can't help but roll his eyes anytime he hears something come out of Tsukasa's mouth. Why was he such a try-hard anyways? Tsukasa kept trying to talk to Rui, but can't he see Rui doesn't WANT to be talked too? God, so damn annoying. Like seriously, what's this guy's problem?!

They were perfectly fine not talking to each other, in fact they both swore that they would NEVER talk to the other. That all came crashing down when Emu roped her girlfriend Nene into joining her theater troupe. The amount of members? Well... just those two. So, to help the growth of the troupe, each one asked their own respective friend to join. Emu had asked Tsukasa to join, and surely he couldn't decline. Not only could he word at Phoenix Wonderland, but he also got to be acting with his friend Emu. The pink haired girl was practically bouncing off the walls when Tsukasa agreed. On the other hand, Nene had asked Rui to join the theater troupe. He agreed since he was rather fond of plays, he does a lot of solo performances after all, why not expand? Also, he was glad to hear he could be working with Nene. Neither of the two had any idea they would have to cross paths.

The day that the full troupe was supposed to meet up was... oh it's today! Once school was finished, he rushed to Phoenix Wonderland as soon as possible. He saw Emu waiting for him at the gate, so he ran to her while waving. He stopped once he had gotten close enough and grinned, "First day of work, and I, Tenma Tsukasa, am here to brighten the stage! Ha ha ha!!" Emu started jumping up and down while clapping, "Yayy!! Tsukasa-Kun is joining the Wonder Stage!! Follow me follow me!!" Following wasn't even necessary, she grabbed Tsukasa's arm and started pulling him to the Wonder Stage. "Gah- Emu be careful!!" She wasn't listening, she never does. Once they had arrived, Tsukasa looked around a bit.  As run down as it was, that's ok! He'll easily bring hope and shine in no time! He spotted no issues, except for the... additional troupe member. Both Rui and Tsukasa's eyes met, and Tsukasa was just about ready to leave the damn place. "Nene! Nene! I brought Tsukasa-Kun!! Now our troupe is complete!! If it weren't for them, I don't think we would even be able to find anybody else for it!" The minute both Rui and Tsukasa heard that, they both knew one thing: "Shit, we got to get along for their sake..."

Nene smiled, "Good job Emu, I knew you could do it." She kissed Emu on the cheek, Tsukasa swore he saw Emu almost melting. Nene pulled away from Emu to do introductions, "Oh, you probably don't know us, Tsukasa. I'm Nene, and this is Rui. I'm sure you two will get along." Tsukasa tried his hardest not to cringe, "Yeah, I'm sure we will... Well, you already know my name, but it's polite to say introductions anyways! My name is Tenma Tsukasa, and I'm a world future star! It's a pleasure to be in a troupe with you!!" He could literally see Rui rolling his eyes, 'If he does that stupid eye roll one more time I'm going to rip them out I swear to god I'm NOT playing these games.'

Rui's thought process was just as harsh, 'Shut the fuck up Tenma you're LITERALLY SO LOUD MY EARDRUMS ARE DISINTIGRATING STOP TALKING PLEASE I TREASURE MY EARS. I'm about to rip out this mans vocal chord I swear to god. Literally chill you're not some protagonist ugh." There was uh... certainly tension. Emu hadn't caught onto that, and Nene was just in denial. "Yay!!! Now that we all know each other, let's start planning shows!!!!"

Rui and Tsukasa both knew it: they were about to start dreading their high school experience.