Sunshine, It Is

I groaned a bit, feeling as if I was moving. But I knew I wasn't, because I had fallen asleep on Jules's bed.. So then why did I feel like I was moving? I felt myself come too some more, noticing I was moving. I felt myself start to panic, trying to move but felt myself unable too, only causing me to start freaking out.

"Yo, yo, chill, kid. Just me, I promise, e'erythin' good." I felt the corner of my eyes sting, trying to calm myself as I heard the familiar voice.

"Why a-" I talked with panicked voice, causing Fezco to hush me silently. I looked around more, realizing I was in my bedroom now, him standing above my bed.

"Why are- I'm so confused." I rubbed my eyes, still a bit tired as I had gone to bed late and now having been woken up earlier than I had obviously intended too. He sat me down on the bed, explaining while doing so.

"I'm sorry, kid. Rue got into.. into some trouble last night. I called your sister to help, I gotta go help bring Rue up. Try and got some more sleep, kid." He stood back up quickly, already out of the door before I could say anything. I frowned, laying down on the bed as I watched him leave down the stairs as quietly as he could. Soon enough, Jules and him made their way up the stairs, carrying Rue carefully to Jules's room. I wonder if she.. She didn't OD, right? She looks like she came close to at least.

I heard quiet whispering, and then the feet of Fezco making his way for the stairs.

"Fez.." He stops short, looking back to me.

"Get some sleep, kid. Everything's fine, I'm sorry I scared you b'fore.. Night, lil Gem ." I frowned quickly turning it into a small smile. He looked tired, emotional and physically drained.

"Goodnight Fezzy." He smiles softly to me, heading back down the stairs quietly. I laid there, so tired but unable to fall asleep. My mind wondered about Rue naturally, what could have happened. I'm sure it's more than likely drug related but I mean.. I could be wrong. Maybe she.. got hit by a car? Of course, that one was at the bottom of the list.

   I laid there for a long time, my thoughts getting the better of me the longer I laid there. My mind wandering from past to present, to future.. Not sure if I felt worst thinking about the past or.. the fact I didn't really see much in my future.

   The whole house was silent, my door was left open, so wasn't Jules's by the looks of it. A small dim light patch lighting up a small section of floor in the hall in front of my room. The sun was hardly up, barely classified as morning. Enough of this, just.. fuckin' sleep already. I forced my eyes shut, breathing in deeply as I felt myself relax, shoving the thoughts to the way back of my mind.

"I'm not kidding, Rue

"I'm not kidding, Rue. I'm not trying to become friends with someone who's gonna fucking kill themself..." I opened my eyes at the low talking that came from my sister's room. I didn't think they were awake, hell I barely even thought Rue was alive the way they curried her in.