2.

Jades POV

That morning, I woke up to multiple small boys staring at me. Staring at me and Benny. He looked so peaceful, lying there. But not for long, the laughter of the entire team and my yells woke him.

He sat up rubbing his eyes, muttering in confusion.Once he realized what was happening he shot up "SHIT. Uhh Kenny, guys, this is not how it looks" but it didn't matter.

The boys clearly had their ideas of what happened. "Yall were necking last night weren't you?" Bertram giggled. I glared at him which got him to stop laughing pretty quickly.

"Listen guys, nothing happened. He helped me unpack and I suppose we got tired or something. And Bertram you don't know jack about necking." Now the focus was on him, and he was being laughed at. Giving Benny enough time to get himself together and out my bed.

"I'll uh, I'll talk to you later Jade" with his head down, Benny left my room. Kenny started rubbing his back and making kissing noises.

"Yeah Yeah, yall was swallowing each other whole weren't ya!" Said Yeah Yeah. I rolled my eyes and started to shoo away the eight boys in my bedroom. Kenny stayed behind.

"Y'know if you really like Benny, it'd be a help to all of us. He might focus on something other than baseball for the first time in years" I giggled. And realized this was the beginning of my first real crush.

A couple hours later, I met up downtown with Squints and Yeah Yeah, to buy a couple Pops since it was basically an oven outside.

We were heading back until Squints saw Wendy Peffercorn. Or as Yeah Yeah calls her, Squints "darling lover girl" Eventually we got to the lot, and tossed a coke to everyone.

"Alright up boys, and Jade" Benny demanded. We all looked at him with sweaty, over heated faces. "No way man, I'm baking out here we cant play ball" Ham shouts. Eventually we came to the decision that we would go to the pool.

Meaning for some of them to "Scam Pool Honeys" whatever that meant. By the looks of
it, their prepubescent asses weren't going to scam anything.

Due to the boys trying way to hard to pull girls, I stayed on the side of the pool, attempting to not be seen with the group. I had a lot to think about.

Benny and I hadn't talked since this morning, and I realized this was the first friend group I'd been welcome to. Suddenly, I felt wet arms wrap around me, and I was thrown into the pool by no one other than the boy himself.

Benny began to apologize when I started to push his head under water, trying to drown him. "You're crazy!" He gurgled in between splashes. "Get used to it my love."

We clearly hadn't been paying attention to the others because the second we looked up, we realized Squints was laying unconcsious on the sidewalk.

Wendy Peffercorn was giving him mouth to mouth CPR as everyone around him begged for him to pull through. He opened his eyes and winked, before pulling Wendy in for a kiss. Everyone gasped but no one had time to fully process it, because we were all being dragged out of the pool.

We all went home that night, Squints going home with a little more pride. Benny caught up with Kenny and I while we were walking home, but Kenny took the hint and left without us. "Thanks Nunez" Benny shouted.

"So um... I can't pretend I didnt enjoy hanging out yesterday. But I'd like to be with you somewhere nicer. So would you like to go to Vincent's diner tomorrow, just you and I?" He rambled. But I thought it was cute.

"You asking me on a date Rodriguez? I couldn't possibly say no!" I smiled. He left me with a kiss on my left cheek.

Bennys POV
I walked home, a fluorescent smile on my face. The usual sound of my parents conflict met me at the door, causing my joy to falter.

"Hey Benjamin" my dad mumbled as I made my way into my room. I nodded my head, half hoping he'd show me just a bit more affection.

Butterflies rose in my stomach when I remembered what I'd be doing tomorrow, who I'd be with. Her smile flashed in my mind and I couldn't help but feel like a kid in a candy shop.

I picked up my phone, calling Vincent's to make a reservation. I wanted everything to be perfect.