Chapter 24 Marigold

I had never shopped so long and been in so many stores in my entire life. Actually, I've never been shopping, period. But, that Ferra, sure knew how to do it right. I kept waiting for Finn's card to be declined, for us to reach the bottom of the account, but it never happened. It got me thinking about how much money Finn really had.

Ferra dragged me from store to store, picking out new clothing that I wasn't sure I ever wanted to wear. She got me dresses, skirts, shorts, jeans, leggings, sweaters, and crop tops. I kept asking her why I needed tops that didn't cover my belly and shorts that didn't cover my butt in Washington where the sun barely shines, but she just winked at me.

She also made me buy new shoes. Apparently flip flops weren't acceptable footwear. She made me try on a pair of sandals that, I will admit, were pretty cute, and some wedges that looked like a broken ankle waiting to happen. I insisted on some fashionable slip on sneakers and a few T-shirts so I at least had some control over my wardrobe.

I was really in trouble when we walked into an all pink store that made Stone blush and refuse to go inside.

"Who's Victoria?" I asked as we entered the store. Ferra laughed at me,

"Victoria's Secret is just the name of the store. Come on, let's get you sized."

"Sized for what?"

Before long, my question was answered when a skinny blonde was groping me with a tape measure. She wrote down some numbers and handed them over to Ferra. Ferra scurried off and came back with some silky fabric she claimed were underwear.

"You've got to be kidding me?" I glared at her, holding up the red panties.

"Come on, the Alpha will love it." She winked at me.

"The Alpha? You mean your brother?" I snapped. Ferra immediately frowned,

"No, we're calling him the Alpha when we're talking about you and him in bed."

"Oh are you embarrassed?" I said pointedly.

"Mari, you're sweet and innocent, and, right now, the Alpha loves that. But, eventually, he will want other things from you and you'll want to give them to him. Trust me, one day you'll be comfortable enough with him to finally feel all your feelings, and, on that day, you'll thank me for the sexy underwear." Ferra didn't let me answer before she disappeared back in the store for more items.

We ended up with four very large pink bags filled with silky bra and underwear sets, nighties, and some unspeakably revealing items. I forced her to also purchase a bag full of sports bras, cotton underwear, and normal-looking pajamas.

"I have so many questions that I do not want answers to." Stone sighed, eyeing the pink bags.

"Let's get some lunch and end this torture, shall we?" He suggested, gesturing towards the cafeteria.

"Lead the way, my love." Ferra kissed her mate on the cheek and grabbed his hand. The three of us each chose a different kiosk to order from and settled down at a table in the cafeteria.

"Mari, before we head back, I think you should know that Fox made an announcement to the pack," Ferra started talking but Stone interrupted her,

"Ferra." He groaned. She waved her hand at him and kept talking,

"He mindlinked the pack and made an unofficial announcement about your arrival. The pack knows that you're his mate and the future Luna. He didn't think you were ready for an official announcement or ceremony, yet."

"He's right. I'm not sure I was ready for an unofficial announcement either." I grumbled.

"It was our idea." Stone confessed,