but we loved with a love that was more than love-

' YOU'RE NEVER FULLY DRESSED WITHOUT A SMILE

' YOU'RE NEVER FULLY DRESSED WITHOUT A SMILE. '

ANNABEL LEE WAS FURIOUS.

When a hand tapped her shoulder while she was sitting outside in the dark, the person was instantly met with a cold, stinging slap to the face. Eduardo adjusted his jaw, not used to the feeling of pain. "Eduardo?" She whispered, her eyes adjusting in the darkness.

"Sorry," He mumbled. "Do you mind?" Eduardo gestured to the seat beside her. Annabel shrugged, letting him sit next to her. "I'm sorry."

"Uh-huh."

Eduardo turned to look at her, "Not just for the killing you, and not just for the abandoning you in Latvia either. I'm sorry for everything."

"You know, you don't make redemption easy for yourself. Nobody is sabotaging you except for you." Annabel turned to face him. "Now, if you're truly sorry, you can start making it up to me. For now, though, I don't forgive you."

"I want," Eduardo inhaled, taking her hands. "I want to do good for you, Annabel. I'll do whatever it takes."

"For starters," Annabel thought, "You can apologize to Bucky and Sam for hanging us out to dry."

Edward looked at her in disbelief, but she only looked back at him expectantly.

The next morning, Annabel woke up entangled in the bed sheets with Eduardo. He stirred, smiling at Annabel as he watched her move around the room, already dressed, a toothbrush hanging lazily from her lips. "G'morning," He said, his voice a little gravelly.

"Good morning," Came her muffled reply. "Get dressed." Though, her words sounded mushed against the bubbling paste that puddled in her mouth. Annabel walked out, spitting the toothpaste out and pulling her hair back up into a ponytail.

Eduardo looked at the empty doorway, shutting it as he dressed. It was Sam's spare clothes that Annabel had stolen, the boys didn't know of the King's arrival yet. Annabel knocked on the door, "Are you decent?"

"Yes," He responded.

Annabel opened up the door, leaning against it. "Civilian clothes suit you." She complimented, a smile adorning her pink lips. Annabel extended her hand, "Come on."

Eduardo accepted her hand, and Annabel dragged him around the property as they looked for Sam and Bucky. Annabel ended up giving him a little tour, starting at the docks and working through the house until making her way to the front porch. She spotted them through the window and began walking over to them. Many of the trees were wrapped in mats, she caught the glint of the shield in Sam's arm.

"Sam! Bucky!" She called out, the shield now in Bucky's hand. They turned, and Bucky lifted the shield up defensively.

"What is he doing here?" Bucky asked venomously.

Annabel looked at Eduardo, turning back to Bucky. "He wants to do right. Call me an optimist, but I believe him. So, Eduardo has something to say."

Eduardo sighed, "I'm sorry for hanging you three out to dry instead of staying behind." Sam and Bucky seemed to contemplate it, "Though, in my defense,—" Sam groaned, cutting him off, his head tilting up toward the sky.

"Dude!" Bucky shook his head.

Annabel sighed, shaking her head. "We're working on it. Either way, he's here to work. He's going to be here and do what we tell him. Right?" Eduardo looked at her, clenching his jaw for a moment. Bucky crossed his arms defensively, staring at him and waiting for him to dare make a move.

"Right."

Bucky looked at Annabel, "You ready to catch our flight?"

"Come on," She told Eduardo, "I got you an extra ticket, but you won't be sitting with us. I finally learned how those laptop things work." Annabel smiled proudly.

Bucky drove them to the airport, and they made it to Brooklyn safely. Annabel flopped against her bed happily as Eduardo stalked in the doorway. "Don't be such a creep and come inside. I've slept in the same bed as you before, it's not like I'm opposed to doing it again." Eduardo smiled, flopping down beside her.

Eduardo went to respond with a cheeky comment, but the volume of the television broke them out of their conversation. The two went into the living room, Bucky stood by the couch. "Buck," Annabel said softly, catching his attention. Bucky pointed to the TV.

"Look."

"In New York, where the GRC is voting on the controversial Patch Act, which would move upwards of twenty million refugees back home to their countries of origin." The newscaster spoke into the microphone. "It's coming during these difficult times of international politics."

Annabel stared down at the television, shaking her head. "No," She looked at Bucky, who didn't break his gaze from the TV. Eduardo watched behind her. The newscaster suddenly switched to breaking news, the senators were being held, hostage. "Shit."

Bucky turned, closing his bedroom door. Annabel sighed, pulling on her military gear. "What's going on?" He asked.

"What's going on is that the Flag Smashers are going to do something they regret," Annabel said, digging through her closet and grabbing a bulletproof vest. "Put this on." She tossed it to him. Eduardo caught the vest, clicking it on him.

A knock sounded against her doorway. "Ready?" Bucky asked.

"As I'll ever be," She moved out. Eduardo went to follow her, but Bucky put a hand on his chest.

"Not you."

"Bucky," Annabel put her hands on her hips. "None of us can bicker right now. We have lives waiting on us." She looked between the two. Bucky thought for a moment, looking at Annabel and then looking at Eduardo.

"Fine. But you better keep up. I'm not dragging you and I will leave you behind." Eduardo nodded, and Bucky lowered his hand. They had to walk from Brooklyn to lower Manhattan. Bucky didn't trust subways, even though they were around in his time, and none of them owned a car.

They hurriedly made it to the building, staring up at it. Annabel turned to Bucky, who nodded. They pushed through the authorities, ignoring some of them trying to force them out of the situation.