Chapter 11

Days later found Junghwan moping in the corner of the dance practice room after everyone else had gone off to change. Just minutes earlier, he had intended to invite Doyoung for dinner but the moment he entered the older's sight, the older immediately grabbed Junkyu outside saying he's hungry. He caught Junkyu's confused face before he was gone from their sight.

On normal days, Junghwan wouldn't bat an eye when this happens. However, the feeling that Doyoung may be avoiding him is becoming very prominent recently. Junghwan isn't stupid, he knows that whatever the reason is, it's got something to do with the day he almost kissed the older. But he's clueless on what to think of the older's avoidance — is he mad or is he awkward about it?

Junghwan may be a bit dense but that day, he felt like Doyoung wanted Junghwan to actually kiss him. But Junghwan doesn't want to jump into conclusions. After all, the older could probably just be feeling awkward about the whole thing. If it was Junghwan in his place and someone whom he shares a platonic relationship with tried to kiss him, he'd feel weird about it too.

"You good?" Junghwan startles a bit when someone bumps into his shoulder. He's met with Haruto's concerned gaze but he immediately puts up a smile.

"Of course, hyung! Just tired." Junghwan replies, eager to brush it off. He knows Haruto. He might not seem like it but he can be very persistent when he wants to. If the older rapper probes him about what's bothering him, Junghwan might just have to spill and that's something he doesn't want to happen. It's less of Haruto knowing about his predicament and more of him possibly relaying it to Jeongwoo. Heaven knows Jeongwoo will nag him about it for days. He can practically hear him saying 'just confess already' or 'how many times have i told you that you will never know if you don't tell him'. The past few weeks, he's been going to Jeongwoo about his "crush problems" and the older Iksan boy has been telling him every time to just confess and get done with it. He gets the feeling Jeongwoo is getting real tired of it and if he hears about it one more time, he might just confess to Doyoung on behalf of Junghwan.

He hears Haruto sigh so he turns to face him completely. Haruto has his arms crossed as he says, "I promise I won't tell Jeongwoo. Tell me what's bothering you."

Junghwan flinches. Oops, am I that obvious? "It's about Doyoungie-hyung isn't it?" At this point, everyone has left the room except for them two.

Junghwan looks down in defeat. "He's avoiding me, hyung. It's so blatantly obvious. He always eats with someone else except me, he goes out with others but me, he doesn't talk to me on breaks anymore. He even purposely changes course when he sees me. Jeongwoo-hyung told me to confess and I seriously want to do it too, but how can I when I barely hang out with him anymore?"

Haruto plops down on the bench beside where they were standing. "Do you think it's because of the "almost-kiss" the other day?"

"For sure. We were fine before it." Junghwan responds, pouting. "So now I'm scared to confess." He sits down beside the older rapper. "After I almost kissed him, I had a feeling that there was something. I felt like... my feelings may not be one-sided all this time. But I'm doubting it now because he's avoiding me. Do you think he's disgusted with me, hyung?" He asks without looking at the older, fidgeting with his hands.