Chapter 9

"Judge?"
Sidharth asks.
Sunny nods his head. "Hmm.. that's the ID on the Dark web. I think he was the one who was controlling the traffic the other day. Were you there Sir? I mean all the lights were red at the same time. That was freaking awesome!"
He grins saying that.
"Awesome? It was f***** dangerous! Sunny, I need this guy. Get everything you can on him. I.. don't have much time."
Sunny nods his head and gets himself busy again.

Sidharth gets out of the room and goes into his.
"Gaikwad, did you find anything on Anuraag?"
"Not much Sir. He was a good kid."
Bhonsale says, "Khabri log bola uska ghar Acha bolke. There's not much dirt there. Even being in the film industry these people are good. Strange."
Sidharth gives him a stare and he bites his tongue.
"Mera matlab.."
"Shut up, Bhonsale. "
Gaikwad says.

"Keep looking. Bhonsale, Tony ke bare mein kuch pata chala?"
"Ho! He has gambling problems. Bahut paise dene ka hai usse. He was beaten up by the goons of SK. He owes them about 8 to 10 lakhs."
"SK? Suleman Khan?"
"Yes, Sir. Maybe his people had killed him."
Sidharth thinks for sometime, "No I doubt it. Killing him won't help him get his money back. When are his parents coming?"
"On Friday Sir."
"Hmm.. keep digging. Keep a watch on this SK as well."
They both leave and Sidharth leans back on his chair.
"Why? Why did he kill Anuraag? There must be something. What is it? Where's his video?"

Sidharth clicks on the folder on his laptop and he can see Anuraag on the screen.
"Hello friends,
This is your host and dost, Anuraag. Welcome to my vlog Akela ghumta hun main..
Today I am at one of the haunted places in Maharashtra that many of you must have never heard about. This is the old Rosemary Hotel, situated just a few kilometres outside amchi Mumbai. This hotel was.."
He stops and looks behind the light stand as if someone was standing there.

He smiles at the camera and says, "Guys, I think I will be able to capture something interesting tonight. I can feel movements around me but trust me there's no one."
He turns the camera towards the door. And again turning it towards himself, he continues talking to it.
"As I was saying, this hotel opened to the public in 1996. But a fire killed three people here. A year later it was sold off to a businessman. He apparently committed suicide after killing his wife right here on this terrace. There after the deaths, people started claiming to see the couple here, sitting at this spot, drinking tea from these cups. It is abandoned as a court case.."
He takes a pause, "Who is there? Is this Mr. Merchant? Show me yourself? Ah.. h.. wh..at..no... leave me.."

The camera falls on the floor and one could hear a poem in a deep voice,
"Akela tha tu,
Akela hi jayega.
Zindagi teri bas yahan tak thi,
Adhere ke paar ab tu ayega.
Maut toh bas shuruaat hai
Tere kahani dur talak jayegi.
Jisne bhi usse taklif di thi
Sab ko uske kareeb woh pahunchayegi."
The video ends.

Sidharth holds the wrist of Sana who is busy arranging her clothes to wear the next day. He pulls her towards him and says, "Yaar, chodo yeh sab. Please sit near me."
"Achanak paas baithne ke liye bol rahe ho? I am surprised. Tell me you missed me. Please tell me you are."
Sidharth smiles, "I did. But.."
"You want to discuss the case. Ah! You break my heart ACP Sir! Always.."
"Sorry wifey! I will make it up to you. I promise. Now can I ask you something? It's important."
"Yes. Pucho."

He makes her sit in front of him.
"Can you tell me something about Anuraag? You knew him. You have seen him from up close."
"He was a good kind. He was very shy and an introvert guy. Didn't have many friends. He was more into his gadgets and his blogs."
"Tum uske kab se janti ho?"
"His father Arvind was my first director. Ankita and Arvind had been very good friends of mine since then. So I guess 4 - 5 years. "
"Did you ever find him upset or worried?"
"No. I can't say."
"Hmm.. "
"Are you trying to find the reasons behind his murder?"
"Hmm.. I haven't got a single clue behind it. The poem gives me nothing as well."
"Now, what? When are Arvind and Ankita coming to the headquarters?"
"Tomorrow."