17|•° I Just Keep Pushing Her Away.

A/N: Don't forget to leave inline comments please ;)

°•| I Just Keep Pushing Her Away |•°

• R O M A N •

The point in time that I stepped out of the room, I brought my hands to my head, my fingers freely running through my hair. I let out a sigh and pinched my nose. What the fuck did I just do back there?

With Arielle's expression taking over my mind, I brought my hands to my face, exhaling deeply. How her cheeks flushed red with her eyes widening a bit and her  quavered lips when she was about to speak. I had interrupted her.

The door snapped open and Arielle stepped out with a gasp as she saw me still hanging around. "You scared me."

"Sorry." I managed to say and began to walk towards the serving area. I heard Arielle's footsteps closely behind me.

I found Taylor already handing out pieces of her baked work to workers who cared to give it a shot. Her tousled hair and chalked hands showed how much work she put into baking it and a proud smile appeared on her face when Harley gave her a thumbs up. Taking a deep breath, I approached Taylor. Even if I wasn't into the taste-my-baking stuff going on, it would be worthwhile helping to contribute.

"Oh, Roman I didn't think you would come forward." Taylor stood behind the counter, cutting a piece for me, I suppose. Her eyes popped out immediately she said this and she waved her hands. "I'm sorry if what I said came out wrong."

I nodded. "It's okay, really."

Harley whispered behind me. "Really?"

All I yearned for that instant was to smack my hand against her fresh forehead when I turned to spare her a glance. "Yes, really. Now have some table manners, will you?"

Pieces of the baking were left at the corner of her lips as she took another bite, peering at me with innocent eyes. "I don't see myself sitting behind a table."

I tsked. "Can't believe we're family."

"Here." Taylor handed me a paper plate with what she baked on it. "Let me know what you think."

I nodded, taking the plate to the table at the dimly lit corner of the room and sat. I was about putting the pastry in my mouth when Carter came over, a paper plate equally in his hand. He pointed at the seat in front of me, a silent inquiry for him to sit. I shrugged in reply.

"What's up?"

"I'm cool." I answered plainly.

I picked up a fork and cut it into a small sized piece before taking it into my mouth. It had a mixture of cinnamon, vanilla and some other ingredient I couldn't place but overall, it tasted great with the chocolate layer providing a refreshing feeling.

Not bad at all.

Now I know what kept customers coming to a place owned by someone so fucked up as my Father.

"Has a great taste, yeah?" Carter lifted his brows, seeking affirmation.

"Yeah, it does."

If Carter suddenly started a conversation with me, there had to be a solid reason or else he just felt idle enough. For once, no one in this place seemed interested in my presence, neither did I take interest in theirs; Arielle and my cousin aside. No one ever started a conversation rather than the usual greetings and all. Having to be with them was a bore so I felt fine with it.

But Carter Hunter? I didn't quite get what the hell he was playing at.

He rested his elbow on the glass table, placing his head on it thereafter. "So, McQueen, what do you see in Arielle?"