•Part thirteen

A loud sob came straight from your mouth at the words your father had just said out loud.

Tears started falling from everyone's eyes, no one being able to hold it in anymore.

"No. No, she can't." Theo cried and looked at his twin sister to see if your father was just playing a sick joke on you two, he wasn't.

The look in her face was genuine. She looked terrified, like she had no idea what was going to happen to her. Wether she would be able to get over this and beat cancer, or if she would fail and something bad would happen.

"We are going to do everything we can do to help her." Your father cried and Theo hugged Jamie really tightly.

You couldn't move. You were frozen.

Your father put his arm around you to try and comfort you but you shoved it off of your shoulder, standing up and leaving the room a sobbing mess. You shut the door slowly and collapsed to the floor, crying too much with your head resting between your knees.

Your heart was hurting, aching. You couldn't feel anything other than pain and hurt.

You didn't care who saw you at your lowest, you probably would soon but definitely not right now. The only thing that mattered was Jamie and how she was feeling.

You didn't have to matter about that right now though, because Jamie came outside of her dorm and shut the door behind her. She sat on the floor with you and pulled you closer to her, letting you sob into her chest whilst brushing your hair with her hand.

"It's alright. I'm still your baby sister, I'm not going anywhere." Jamie whispered in your ear and you felt one of her tears drop onto your head, which made her laugh a tiny bit. "Sorry."

"Why you?" You cried. "Why did it have to be you of all people, my baby sister?"

"I don't know." She admitted and rested her head on the top of yours. "I don't know."

You looked up at the red headed girl you were proud to call your sister and smiled.

"I love you so much, Jamie." You whispered. "Please never forget that, no matter what might happen I want you to promise to never forget how much I love you."

"I promise. I love you more, Ems." She said and you kissed her cheek. "Come on, we have our favourite boys in there that need comforting right now."

She stood up and grabbed your hand, pulling you up with her to walk inside together. The two of you were still crying. The two boys were also crying next to each other, Theo was crying into your father's chest as your father held an arm out for the dog who of you girls to join.

The four of you cried together.

•••

Jamie and Theo had to go deal with something involving their friends Harry, Ron and Hermione. You were finally alone with your dad and felt like you had no tears left to cry because of your younger sister's cancer.

You needed to talk to him before he had to go.

"Dad, can I please talk to you?" You asked as he was gathering things you three had given him.

"You can at any time, Emily. What is it?" He said and sat down on your bed as you were in your room now.

"I want to know more about mother. What her favourite colour was, her favourite animal and if you might have known why she done what she did but didn't want to tell me." You told him and sat next to him, looking at his face.

"Well then, tell me any small or big detail you desperately want to know and I'll tell you." Your father said.

"Did she got to Hogwarts?" You asked.

"She did. She was in the same year as me and my friends." He replied. "She was a Gryffindor. The same as you."

"Do I.. do I look like her at all?" You asked.

"You look exactly like her. All three of you have her hair, but you are the only one with her eyes. Theo has her freckles, Jamie has her cheekbones. You have her humour, her laugh, her hobbies." He smiled at the memories of his first love. "Your her little girl, her twin."

You two talked about your mother some more for a bit, listening to crazy stories about her in school and after school until it was time for your father to go back home.

The twins came into your room after helping their friends with something that they refused to tell anyone about. Even you. They came to say goodbye.

"Bye dad. I'll miss you." Theo said whilst hugging your father.

"I'll miss you as well. Write to me whenever you need or want to, Theodore." Your father said and pulled away from Theo's hug.

Your father walked over to you and you threw your arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"I'm going to miss you so much, dad." You said in the middle of the hug goodbye. "I might have some more questions about mum soon."

"That's fine by me, write to me whenever you want to anything, even if it's just if she had any pets growing up. Anything." He said and pulled away from you.

He turns to Jamie, hugging her for longer than both you and Theo because he was scared.

"If you need anything, anything at all, don't be afraid to write to me. I'm your father, I'll be here for you and checking in at least once every week." Your father said to Jamie whilst hugging her. "You start chemo in two weeks, make sure your ready when I get here."

"No. I already told you I don't want to do chemotherapy, I'm not going to do it." Jamie whispered but loud enough for you to hear.

"Wait what?" You spoke up.

"Your not doing chemo?" Theo asked.

Word count : 1008