Holy shiitake mushrooms.

Chapter two

Holy shiitake mushrooms

The slapping came after the tapping, I wanted to break someone’s hand whoever was trying to wake me up and I groaned moving away only to fall onto the floor. Opening my eyes I saw Nana and Brian looking down at me smiling wide.

“You, two, are so going to hell,” I muttered pulling myself up, I grabbed my hair brush quickly brushing my hair before shoving it up into a messy pony-tail and I yawned rubbing my face. “I feel really sick.”

“You don’t, you are going to school.” Nana told me with a smirk, sometimes that old lady is bat shit crazy and everyone does tell me I get my insanity from her, I mean what old lady listens to Britney Spears? No offence to Britney, I love her but Nana is old, she’s meant to be into classical music.

Brian and Nana left once I declared that I needed to get dressed. I turned on my music, singing along and dancing around the room as I grabbed some clothes to wear. I tugged on my jeans, pulling a simple top over my head that said ‘You’re not as cute as the sandwich I ate last night.’

Chuckling to myself a bit I quickly brushed my teeth, applying some light foundation, blush and mascara. I don’t care what anyone says, there is no such thing as natural beauty because everyone wears makeup these days no one knows what anyone really looks like.

I tugged on my high-top trainers, grabbing a plain dark blue zip up jumper and a jacket, it was cold and rainy today. I rushed down the stairs, tripping over the last one and groaning as my head smacked against the floor.

Brian laughed reaching down and pulling me to my feet. “That’s one way to wake yourself up.” He joked with the boyish grin he was so famous for back home. I shrugged pulling my back onto my back, I couldn’t wear over the normal girl bags, these days, because I always had to tug them back up and that bugged the hell out of me.

I walked towards the front door, smiling at Nana as she handed me a travel cup with coffee in it and she ushered us out the door Dylan looked like he had just rolled out of bed, guess it runs in the family. I climbed into the front, being the only girl had its perks and I got to be in  the front of the car a lot.

I tapped my fingers against the seat while Nana climbed in. “Wait… I thought Brian was gonna drive us to school?” I said turning as he climbed in with his famous grin on his face, still.

“Don’t be so stupid,” Nana muttered starting towards the school. “Your dad needs the car because he’s busy today.”

Dylan scoffed. “Busy doing what? Walking five minutes and covering the length of this small-ass town?” He voiced my thoughts so he was good with me for the day which made Nana roll her eyes and I yawned taking a drink of the coffee.

The school wasn’t far but I was glad that she didn’t make us walk as it started to rain a little. She pulled up outside the front of the school and I climbed out along with Dylan, Brian climbed out waving as Nana sped off.

The three of us walked into the office, quickly getting our schedules and parting ways. Dylan was a sophomore while Brian and I were seniors, I headed to homeroom along with Brian who was the complete opposite to me.

He was cool, calm and always relaxed, it took a lot to make him mad. He was the possibly one of the brothers that most girls wanted, you know that older protective brother that would have your back no matter what, because he knew that sometimes a girl needed someone strong and to stand up for her.

The door was already open, thank god I hated opening class room doors and I’ve always hated it. I stepped in behind Brian letting his bigger and taller frame hide my smaller and shorter frame. The teacher saw me, smiling at the two of us.

“Brian and Briar Jade, the new kids from Chicago,” The teacher said bluntly a few kids looked over as Brian looked away however TV shows and movies made it seem like that when a new person shows up at a school, it’s something that has never happened and everyone wants a slice of the new kids. “Grab a seat anywhere.”

I was glad that no one wanted a slice of me, I liked being a whole being instead of missing a slice. What the hell is going on in my head? I like these thoughts because no one can hear them. I chuckled to myself sitting down and looking around, my eyes landing on the shampoo guy next to me.

“Well hello,” He said smoothly, that smirk looked good on his lips then again why was I thinking about him in that way? “Your name is Briar, well I hope it is.”

“Me too, I always get confused when spelling Brian and end up writing out Brain first,” I stated with a shrug watching him chuckle and I laughed quietly. “It’s true, it’s like holy shi—shiitake mushrooms, that name was just created to mess with my mind.”

{unedited, also the chapters to this story will be short like one page because this is just for fun and myself.}